SAU Community

New to Canberra

locASH

So anyway, I'm a new Canberran. Used to live in Melbourne and we just moved up here.

Where do you native Canberran's buy your cars? I decided that I'm in need of a new one and had a bit of a look around and there's not too much available. Do you go and get them from Sydney or Melbourne? Are there any performance car dealers in Canberra?

Hmmm, don't want to bombard you all with too many questions, so that's it for now.

Oh yes, and Hi! by the way.

G'day Locash,

Welcome to Canberra :)

There's not many import dealers in Canberra, and because of this they think they can put their prices up ;)

But there's Fast and Furious and EVO out in Fyshwick, Brain Hall in Phillip, and I think Shogans out in Belconnen. Probably more...

Best to buy private or take a trip to Sydney or Melb to grab one. A few nice ones come up privately, there's a few nice ones for sale in on SAU at the moment too !!

Cheers

Jayson

old skool! hehe...welcome Locash -  I remember u from the old SDU days!  :headspin:

whereabouts in Canberra did u move to?

Hehe - good old SDU. Those were the days.

I'm living in Swinger Hill (yeah, great suburb name) right near the Woden shopping centre. Working in the city.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, and the advice. I will look privately, and in Melbourne too I think, although I'm in no rush. Got some Melbournites on the case for me too.

most important thing here - you're SOUTHSIDE :) :)

(we have southside vs northside wars in Canberra hehe) but you picked the right side of town so it's ok ;)

Swinger Hill is a nice suburb! it's got lots of townhouses, but the ones i've been in have been really nice, alot are bigger than your usual house :)