SAU Community

So I know how to lose points...but when do I get them back

NickR33

The christmas, new-years period has proven to be very painful to my wallet...my once perfect driving record is now...well...f***ed

All I want to know is when I start getting points back on my licence... and how many I get back etc. :)

I only have 5 left... :Oops:

Well you have 5 points left so yes you could afford to lose afew more but in NSW it takes a full 3 years before you get your full amount of points back.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.. with the state of enforcement at the moment its very hard to hold onto points, and 3 years is too long. Just drive as normal - once you lose the licence just catch public transport for 3 months :) Get all your points back, rince and repeat.

Yeah I have never really been caught before in my old cars...(coz they were sloooooow)

Now all of a sudden I'm getting raped left right and centre...

I can't help it sometimes I just need to hear the wastegate open...then flash...$^%^%$$^%$%&%^*&*(*)%

...and forgot about insuring any decent car again in your life...

Shrug.. I've had countless speeding fines and never had an at-fault insurance claim. Its all b.s. They still will insure you, there is a 3 year period or something after which they can't count loss of licence or anything in your assessment.

NickR33: maybe

The points you earned at the time of that offence expire 3 years from the offence.

If you get more points, those new points expire 3 year from the date of that offence.

The points you have now expire in 3 years irrespective of what other offences you commit after getting them.

The points you earned at the time of that offence expire 3 years from the offence.  

If you get more points, those new points expire 3 year from the date of that offence.  

The points you have now expire in 3 years irrespective of what other offences you commit after getting them.

Thanks guys...

see you on the road (I'll be the guy in the silver R33 driving REAL SLOW)