SAU Community

Drift Damage - Need Help

Iron-Bound

About 6 weeks back i crashed my car in the wet drifting (yes i was being an idiot) hit a wall and damaged the front end of my R34 4 door.

destroyed the Front bar down to the Radiator and bent the ends of the chassis rails on the rad support. I've taken the damaged parts off just gotta take the next step.

just needs some suggestions on panel beaters in the South Eastern Melbourne area and/or the cost to unpick the rad support/MIG a new one on and JIG the rails straight.

also does anyone know if the power brace of the r34 is inter-changeable with r33 ones?

post-70299-1276577355_thumb.jpg

post-70299-1276577386_thumb.jpg

post-70299-1276577418_thumb.jpg

post-70299-1276577511_thumb.jpg

post-70299-1276577540_thumb.jpg

wow thats a fair hit. you will need put that on the jig to make sure its all straight again otherwise it wont drive straight and looks like you will need to get a new radiator support.

gal smash repairs give them a call :D

You may want to take it to a repairer with access to a computerised jig (e.g. Car-o-liner) to see if it is repairable. I'm not sure of any repairers with one in the South East, but if you're willing to get the car to the Northern Suburbs shoot me off a PM I know of a shop that may be able to help you :glare:

About 6 weeks back i crashed my car in the wet drifting (yes i was being an idiot) hit a wall and damaged the front end of my R34 4 door.

destroyed the Front bar down to the Radiator and bent the ends of the chassis rails on the rad support. I've taken the damaged parts off just gotta take the next step.

just needs some suggestions on panel beaters in the South Eastern Melbourne area and/or the cost to unpick the rad support/MIG a new one on and JIG the rails straight.

also does anyone know if the power brace of the r34 is inter-changeable with r33 ones?

has the car been classed as a write off?

cause itll need a VIV cert to get back on the road if it has

either way big hit, like others have said will need to be put on a jig

You may want to take it to a repairer with access to a computerised jig (e.g. Car-o-liner) to see if it is repairable. I'm not sure of any repairers with one in the South East, but if you're willing to get the car to the Northern Suburbs shoot me off a PM I know of a shop that may be able to help you :P

Hey dude,

Mind sending me some info of said shop? I wanna get mine checked out for "straightness" and maybe pulled straight.

You may want to take it to a repairer with access to a computerised jig (e.g. Car-o-liner) to see if it is repairable. I'm not sure of any repairers with one in the South East, but if you're willing to get the car to the Northern Suburbs shoot me off a PM I know of a shop that may be able to help you :P

• oxford panels, in huntingdale (car o liner)
  • sheen's in burwood (car o liner)
  • sheen's in east Malvern (car o liner)

lots of various views on accident damage people. from your photo's you external photo's look ok, but i agree with the people saying it should be lined up and possibly heated and flat racked.

if you don't do this you only option is to replace the suspension arm's and engine cross member. Don't go welding and straightening arm's they are week for a reason ! and now will only do well as a door stop or cofee table. (contact a wrecker for parts and interchageability)

make sure you get a wheel alignment afterwards, because your tyres will shred, you car will vibrate on the freeway and your going to do alot of damage to your steering components and i tell you now that outer tie rod's are $140 each from nissan (not available aftermarket), i don't think you want to know how much a steering rack is.

good luck.

p.s ive fixed alot of cars after a wet weekend or simply silly behaviour and if you want more advice PM me.