SAU Community

Hard To Start When Cold, Have To Pump Accelerator

hey all, my r32 with rb20DET is getting harder to start, i have to pump the accelerator to get it to start, when its warm its fine, any ideas? btw plugs have been regapped to 0.8, ive got a fmic, HKS evc, apart from that its stock as a rock.

theres a cold start valve on the r33. i think the 32 has one, and its easier to access. that could be your problem. it opens up to allow more air to the intake until it gets warm, then shuts.

if your idle is steady once started, i would assume your aac valve is working ok.

well thats what i thought lol, guess it just needs more air??, had a knock sensor trouble code and it just sounds normal when starting, cant really describe any odd sounds, just my fuel pump turning on and it cranking lol

theres a cold start valve on the r33. i think the 32 has one, and its easier to access. that could be your problem. it opens up to allow more air to the intake until it gets warm, then shuts.

if your idle is steady once started, i would assume your aac valve is working ok.

really???? most cold start setups are richer.

check that the TPS is setup correctly

hold on. do you mean pump your accelerator before cranking it? or when you start it, it needs gas to bring the revs up or it stalls?

hey mate my car has being doing this. If i don't pick the revs up to about 1500rpm as soon as I start it it will stall any ideas what is causeing this only happens when the car is cold.

Just a thought, but could it be over fuelling? maybe almost flooding of sorts. I know whenever I rejetted a carby & went too far I would have to hold throttle open-not an efi I know but you have changed the amount of fuel going in it may be messing with cold start map

Ive had this problem with my 32 and my main factor was the afm ( air flow metre ). Its running good now besides from the pumping of the gas when car is on, try the AAC valve, give it a clean, its located at the back of the plenum near the firewall kinda, cant miss it.