SAU Community

I'm a skyline n00b!

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum. This place was recommended to me by the importforums guys because i'm really interested in getting a Skyline.

There aren't many skyline clubs or forums in the UK which is why i'm posting here, so like it or lump it, you've got a pom(?) amongst you!

Anyways, no offences intended. I'd really like to learn more about the R33 GTS-T and what you can do with the engine. I read that the skyline engines were designed to withstand 400bhp in everyday use, so how feasible is it to get a GTS-T engine tuned to around 400bhp?

Also, i'm looking for general information about the car. What is fuel consumption like? Does the RWD still handle well? Are the parts expensive? How often do you need to service them?

Thanks in advance

xaero1

Yes there are, www.skylineowners.com, www.gtr.co.uk, the UK has plenty!

Skylines are pretty cheap over there too from what I read.

Are you talking 400hp at the flywheel or rear wheels? 400rwhp (300rwkw) is possible just not with the stock turbo and the engine will not last long on stock internals. You would want to strengthen the internals. Read around on here for more information. Ive never done it so i dont know.

Fuel consumption is pretty average I suppose, my fuel gauge is sitting on the line just before E and ive done 370km for this tank. Lots of WOT though.

Handles great. I dont know what you mean by "does the RWD still handle great"? Didnt anyone tell you? RWD has always been the best :rolleyes::)

Whether parts are expensive or not is up to your local scene. I find parts to be fairly expensive compared to say a Aussie made car but cheap compared to other imports. I buy a lot of stuff off the forums though and its a bit cheaper that way.

I service mine every 3 months or every 5000km whichever comes first. It really depends on how much and how you drive it. Also depends on what fluids you are using etc. I could probably do it less regularly but I like doing it so...