SAU Community

Donor Awareness

SysLink67

Just a quick note in light of Donor awareness week urging people to Register to become a Organ Donor.

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/public...dr/register.jsp

Most importantly ensure your family know your wish's.

"Don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here"

Being a organ donor recipient myself I know the importance or organ donation and was a organ donor before I needed an organ transplant.

Perhaps we can get legislation passed like some other countries where you can only get an organ if you were a organ donor prior.

All the best, and I hope more people register their interest.

Robert.

while not registered all the important people know that if the worst should happen every little bit of whats left goes to help those who are left

while not registered all the important people know that if the worst should happen every little bit of whats left goes to help those who are left

It don't matter because if you are not registered they cannot touch any part of your body for donation etc

that is why you no longer have the box on your drivers license to tick as family were contesting it

now you have to fill in all the correct paperwork to become a donor and you even get a card to carry in your wallet saying your an organ donor

GOOD WORK PAUL & DALE ,HAVING BEEN CLOSE TO NEEDING KIDNEY`S AT YOUNG AGE,

EVERYONE SHOULD BE A DONOR REGARDLESS ,

THIS WAS ONE OF 1ST THING`S I DID WHEN I COME TO AUSTRALIA,NOT SURE IF THEY CAN USE THEM BUT YOU NEVER KNOW :(:banana::) ,