SAU Community

A defect for defect's sake

Jamezilla

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is that test....depending on the mods you wont need the full test...ie Shed test.....Just the drive cycle..although you would want to make sure everything is right coz pass or fail...its the same price then the same when its retested.....the paperwork states the modifications on the vehicle and the data retrived from testing........why dont the tune shops you guys use know this information???????hmmm

Luckly, its only a noise test and not a full inspection...i really dont want to go through one of those again

i feel your pain :)

Didnt u already do a full test at mcloud recently and pass noise test?

If so just write a letter to the epa stating this and that you are not willing to waste more time and money getting something passed again which has passed previously.

This is what 1 of the epa guys at mcloud told me coz i asked them what if some hero cop decides to send in a bogus notice again coz i also passed my epa test first shot.

yes do that coz just like the vicroads workers when u go to hand in a rwc and canary to get it removed they know its a load of shit and the only thing the cops r interested in is collecting their $165 fine off ya, now the epa workers know this 2 coz bogus tests just waste their time as well.

Technically...its not a bogus test to say that im well aware of over the legal limit

However, the guys at mcloud are well aware of how we put all the "illegal" modifaction back on straight after passing the test

I need to clear up this rumour of the probationary period after an EPA where if you were to get another EPA notice with (i think) a 4 month period you get a $1000 fine (i know someone with this $1000 fine)

Its been ~6months since my full inpsection

U wont get a fine unless u redo the test at mcloud and actually fail. If they sent me a 1g fine just because some pig thought my exhaust was 2 loud i would wipe my ass with the fine and post it back to them telling them to eat it :)

yeah they cant just post you a $1k fine cos some dickhd that knows nothing wants to be a cnt.. i got my first epa going back about a year ago when my car was 100%stock with not 1 single mod.. that was just from a dickhd working at a booze bus writing down my plates

There is also no mention of this on the EPA notice that they give you - so I don't think it could be enforced. But i am also sure that people have been back there many times more than once in 6 months and no fine attached

Man sorry to hear about that, I always wonderd how long it was gonna take (coz or your EBC on the dash and your ricey stickers - which I do like I might add) for them to catch up with you. I agree that the filth are really making things hard for us skyline drivers and it almost imposible to drive a lighty tuned import, it almost puts you off driving one of these cars hey. Where thier logic comes from I honestly dont know and personaly I dont think they have much! I would be very interested to see the ratio of Oz built tuned cars being pulled over in comparison to the number of moddednon-modded imports being pulled over. I think this issue really needs to be addressed but where do we start?

I would be very interested to see the ratio of Oz built tuned cars being pulled over in comparison to the number of moddednon-modded imports being pulled over. I think this issue really needs to be addressed but where do we start?

I think part of the problem [for the import cars] is that the police know how to identify us quite easily - other than the car looking heaps sexier than the locals :D most imports have HUGE exhaust pipes and other stuff [bOV's, BIG wings etc] A lot of the Oz tuned cars are usually fairly sleeperish - their exhaust tip looks stock, their car often looks stock too, I know quite a few modded HSV's that appear standard to the untrained eye, but are 1/4 mile killers :)

Most of the *modified-looking* Oz cars are just RICEY, most of them [NOT ALL] don't have huge power ups. Just have big HOLDEN stickers across the screen but in terms of saftey power isnt a concern for the authorities...A 10 inch tacho, although blocking vision doesnt give the engine any more power...

IMO anyway

hmm, i think its the other way around Elad.. most Commonwhores DO have work done to them, especially the old ones.. and hoon around like nobody's business.

well the side effect of this is not many people can be bothered with the power upgrades these days and we're becoming a nation of ricers. So I guess the cop thing is working on a certain segment of people. Then there will be the people that will never stop modding their car, so they can never really win.

Yeah good points by both. I DO think out sexy ass cars demand more attention and because of this it's more likley that we will get singled out but there is also the point that the filth know that there is a 80% chance they are giong to find something to get us to cough up more money. But then again my dad was pulled over driving my car and they had a quick squiz and said all was fine 2 weeks later I copped a whoping fine but I guess this could also have to do with the officer involved. I still think that us younger drivers have is a lot worse off though.