SAU Community

A defect for defect's sake

Jamezilla

I asked him about how to get the defect removed for the steering wheel - he said to show the Momo catalogue to VicRoads to show it never was padded, and I'll be fine. So why defect me on it in the first place? To prove what? Such a waste of time.

Worst thing is the sticker. So embarrasing having it on the car - especially for something I didn't really do. I bought new tyres - even had an alignment last week. I would have assumed they were OK...

Why defect you?

To make money... all beit they are breaking the law to do so by defecting you illegally.

All the coppers need is some bloke with too much money to take them to court... and deftect their asses.

And as for the canary... Meh, it's a GOOD OMEN!

Simply because you cant get another canary while you have one on your car. :aroused:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe the crap they come up with these days to collect money from paying motorists....maybe they want us all to catch transport ( for free )

In three days i must have passed at least 5 booze bus stations and ive been blown twice in the last two days......lucky i dont drink.......much

Ps. the cops did look at my car while driving past...(maybe because its a four door they dont say much) who knows.....

u must remember that brack's main money making scam, the faulty speed camera are still out of comission, so they need to make up the lost $$ some how.

Guys, I'm looking into the VASS system to gain accreditation for vehicle safety and Mod inspections (mech eng with mechanic background) to determine once and for all what is legal and what is not. And to protect myself against these flogs because the first thing I will do is inspect their vehicles if pulled over for a roadside check and mine is legal. I won't start the war until I'm clean tho.

Hmmm - can't say I'm thrilled about all this.

I know it's a common thing and I should probably get used to it... but I'm peeved that I really did do the right thing on both counts, and now have to sort all this crap out.

The latest:

Bob Jane can get one brand at the correct size: Yokahama V550 - but they are around $600 a pop and want a 'contribution' to the price from me (Sumitomos were $400). Will speak to them in the am to discuss further. Not keen on forking out more coin on tyres that I should have got in the first place...

Even though Momo state the steering wheel complies with ADR10, the TMU (spoke to this arvo) say that the clearing of the defect is up to the inspector... and even if 'he' says it's OK, they can defect me on it again. The only real way to pass correctly is to refit a factory wheel. Anyone got a nice GTR airbag wheel?

He mentioned too that they are under pressure from various bodies to crack down on every little thing at the moment and that the are particularly targetting imports.

But, to their defence, they do have grounds for this 'defect' note. The metal bit on the wheel would certainly cause more damage to my noggin than a padded one, and yes, the tyres are under-rated for the vehicle, which could be seen as unsafe.

Worth saying too that the officers involved have all been very civil and reasonable to deal with. It is - after all - their job.

I'm just cross that the reasonable 'faith' I had in the roadworthy of the car when I bought it (the P-Zeros on the car at purchase were also 63 rated), and of the expert recommendation of the tyres from Bob Jane will end up costing me time and money. Seems a roadworthy certificate isn't worth the paper it's printed on...

Guest RedLineGTR

"Seems a roadworthy certificate isn't worth the paper it's printed on..."

It never is.....nor is a epa note that your car has been tested before and it still is the same but they want another $27 bucks for a epa test etc. But i dont believe that Bob Jane did a good job in the end. I would try and sus out if u can pay half of the extra amount for the tyres. So if it was $800 bucks extra try and see if they can drop the price maybe down to $600 or something i know its not your fault but hey what can u do atm. Its a good chance to try some launches with your old tyres to make sure u get your moneys worth if you are going for the yoka tyres.

He mentioned too that they are under pressure from various bodies to crack down on every little thing at the moment and that the are particularly targetting imports

great stuff.. so who wants to live next door to me? :D Its great up here. I haven't actually seen a cop pull anybody over up here, only on the freeway but they were speeding (as in 140 in a 110zone). Loud exhausts (like really loud, who wouldn't last 5 minutes in VIC), rides scraping on the ground, its all common place up here.

Originally Posted by Emre -FYI, a full factory exhaust doesn't pass the EPA niose test.

Just a factory cat back with 3 inch dump and front pipe come up 3 - 4 db below 90db.

And as for the canary... Meh, it's a GOOD OMEN!

Simply because you cant get another canary while you have one on your car.   :aroused:

thats not true sorry.. my mate had a tt supra with a canary for too low and tyre rating.. had 7 days to drive it around normally (in the cops words"drive it to the movies or what ever as you would normally do")

less than a week later he was "parked" on the side of the road.. cop on a motor bike pulls over and gives him another sticker (now he has 2 stickers on the windscreen), an hour or so to get the car home b4 the rego is suspended and another $165 fine for driving a defective vehicle (even tho it was parked on the side of the road and he wasnt driving.. wasnt even in the car)

while we're on the topic i got a canary 2 thursdays ago down st kilda beach way for my front tyres having un even tyre wear meaning i need to go get a front end alignment (got 1 about 6months ago when i got new tyres), exhaust to be checked by epa, and drivers seat to be secured tighter (nothing even wrong with it) that also came with a $165 fine

today i go and get a rwc and go to vicroads and the tosser wont take the canary off without seeing a receipt for the wheel alignment even tho i told him im friends with the guys that did it and i wasnt charged

It's people like you Jamezilla that we need to get things changed. A well written letter to the right few people and hopefully a few more to the same people and they might take a tiny bit of notice.

People who rant and put illogical arguments in their writing will not be listened to.

When I took 13 parking tickets to court (wont bore you with the details) I prepared myself fastidiously and spoke well. The Magistrate took a real interest in my plight. Not only did she let me off all of them but she said in court that she would speak to other Magistrates about the issue.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of ****s out there that were psycologically tested and proven to have, what we would term personality defects, and consequently employed because of that defect; but if you don't try...

Good luck mate.

Posted by Emre

FYI, a full factory exhaust doesn't pass the EPA niose test.

Posted by riggaP

Mine does....

Posted by INASNT

Just a factory cat back with 3 inch dump and front pipe come up 3 - 4 db below 90db.

Are you talking about Gts-t's or GTR's...?

GTR will not pass the EPA noise tesy with the stock exhaust.

In three days i must have passed at least 5 booze bus stations and ive been blown twice in the last two days......lucky

Heh, torque, you're a lucky p**ck, sorry to hear that the good old TMU have outshone their tight a**iness selves again.

Yeah I agree Jamez go all the way if you want and really **** them up.

put a new cat on it and give it a tune up and call john in the emissions lab at ford and get a drive test done adn pay him 750 or 800 and you will never get hassled again....a well worth investment ...then when you get pulled over let them defect you then pull out the papers and they will be dumb founded...

put a new cat on it and give it a tune up and call john in the emissions lab at ford and get a drive test done adn pay him 750 or 800 and you will never get hassled again....a well worth investment ...then when you get pulled over let them defect you then pull out the papers and they will be dumb founded...

what will the paper exactly say on it?

Coz even if u got a roadworthy test done 5 mins before they pull u over and got the papers with you they will still canary you for some bs.

Hey Troy, is this the same as the Certified EPA test thing???

because that one is like 3k!

If i can pay $800 to do it elsewhere, then i would pay that in an instant, and i know a few others who would do it too.

Then let them tell me my modifications are harming the enviroment!!! :flamed: