SAU Community

E85 In Adelaide

gwilkinson34

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to tune my car on e85, i heard it can be bad on fuel lines, tank etc.

i have 555cc's in might car an hope to push around 300rwkw with them on e85.

but would i have to upgrade them due to e85 needing 30% more flow capability than PULP?

i want to tune my car on e85, i heard it can be bad on fuel lines, tank etc.

i have 555cc's in might car an hope to push around 300rwkw with them on e85.

but would i have to upgrade them due to e85 needing 30% more flow capability than PULP?

so goes the theory, however i would be interested to see the consumption and duty cycle figures of someone who keeps the same injectors and boost level, and literally just involves a retune to calibrate the ecu for the type of fuel... before and after would be excellent, esp if we can get a gas analysis report along with the air/fuel ratio

-D

so goes the theory, however i would be interested to see the consumption and duty cycle figures of someone who keeps the same injectors and boost level, and literally just involves a retune to calibrate the ecu for the type of fuel... before and after would be excellent, esp if we can get a gas analysis report along with the air/fuel ratio

-D

i think the consumption is around 30% more too, but some solid results will tell more

just to give you an idea of the extra duty cycle my car seen between e86 and pulp.

injectors are 90lb bosch ev14 (about 950cc) 044 fuel pump.

PULP tune 20psi 275rwkw 47% injector duty cycle.

E85 tune 22psi 334rwkw 90% injector duty cycle.

this is on standard rail pressure so there is more in the injectors with more rail pressure.

just to give you an idea of the extra duty cycle my car seen between e86 and pulp.

this is on standard rail pressure so there is more in the injectors with more rail pressure.

so in otherwords i need 800 or 100cc injectors?

so in otherwords i need 800 or 100cc injectors?

you might be able to get away with them but would need alot of rail pressure. would be best to ask adrian (180or200). if it was me i would try to tune it on the 555cc just to try and save the $800.

you might be able to get away with them but would need alot of rail pressure. would be best to ask adrian (180or200). if it was me i would try to tune it on the 555cc just to try and save the $800.

if in any case you need injectors, ive been able to import US injectors for sau members before at the cheapest price avail (depending on exchange rate of course)

luke got 1600cc injectors or something ludicrous, chad got 1000's, and i think matty got 700's if not 555's along with dion

my 575's are running great in my engine. however i have other issues that need fixing (wont go OT)

if you need 30% more fuel and u get 30% + more power I would say its a practical upgrade, as you're sacrificing range for power (assuming the fuel tank wasnt enlarged).. its an unavoidable trait with e85

incidentally, some environmentalists are claiming e85 is dirtier than p98 oct. this is true in a sense, it develops more soot, however the soot is heavier than air and it makes its way into the soil. Studies done in the 80s which compared unleaded and leaded fuels found that in the long run the leaded fuels were better >for air quality< than unleaded as the lead oxide would cause the element to sink to soil level and be absorbed in the dirt

obviously, this is a bad thing for farmers, and anyone who deals with soil of any sort, however it proved that a heavier element would be more environmentally friendly than premium 98.

e85 by products actually are heavier than premium - they form a soot which sinks to the ground, but from what my limited understanding about petrochemicals entails, the carbon sinks into the ground and gets absorbed from the atmosphere the same way the old leaded petroleums did.

Of course there is also a multitude of environmental concerns regarding ethanol based petroleum, I think it will come down to being able to efficiently generating the substance as a by product rather than actually consuming more electricity than it puts out via its distillation process. (Not an issue if we have nuclear power stations and cheaper electricity but since we're a bunch of backward mofos we cant really expect anything great)

E85 - Awesome in theory, but some fundamental issues need to be addressed before we can expect it to be common enough for daily use.

Wicked for racing but. Just as indycar (they run methanol but hey, its not that much different)

-D

if in any case you need injectors, ive been able to import US injectors for sau members before at the cheapest price avail (depending on exchange rate of course)

luke got 1600cc injectors or something ludicrous, chad got 1000's, and i think matty got 700's if not 555's along with dion

my 575's are running great in my engine. however i have other issues that need fixing (wont go OT)

if you need 30% more fuel and u get 30% + more power I would say its a practical upgrade, as you're sacrificing range for power (assuming the fuel tank wasnt enlarged).. its an unavoidable trait with e85

incidentally, some environmentalists are claiming e85 is dirtier than p98 oct. this is true in a sense, it develops more soot, however the soot is heavier than air and it makes its way into the soil. Studies done in the 80s which compared unleaded and leaded fuels found that in the long run the leaded fuels were better >for air quality< than unleaded as the lead oxide would cause the element to sink to soil level and be absorbed in the dirt

obviously, this is a bad thing for farmers, and anyone who deals with soil of any sort, however it proved that a heavier element would be more environmentally friendly than premium 98.

e85 by products actually are heavier than premium - they form a soot which sinks to the ground, but from what my limited understanding about petrochemicals entails, the carbon sinks into the ground and gets absorbed from the atmosphere the same way the old leaded petroleums did.

Of course there is also a multitude of environmental concerns regarding ethanol based petroleum, I think it will come down to being able to efficiently generating the substance as a by product rather than actually consuming more electricity than it puts out via its distillation process. (Not an issue if we have nuclear power stations and cheaper electricity but since we're a bunch of backward mofos we cant really expect anything great)

E85 - Awesome in theory, but some fundamental issues need to be addressed before we can expect it to be common enough for daily use.

Wicked for racing but. Just as indycar (they run methanol but hey, its not that much different)

-D

I dont want to get into a debate here, but will say this, I dont like how the yanks make e85 with corn crops, thats just wrong, I do like how csr use a by product.

I cant argue about the soot as I havnt researched that, I would be suprised if there were any elements worse that unleaded, Unleaded is a disgusting fuel! one bonus about running E85 is it burns cleaner and doesnt leave the rear of my car dirty, unlike 90% skylines around. Check out Guiltoys e85 thread, he took his car in for emision tests in NSW and passed easily, running 330+ Rwkw from memory.

As for a injector duty, pound for pound 30% duty on a power fc sounds about right. But who wants to run same boost!

AD

I'm not after the 85rwkw that Krishy was talking about - I'd be happy with going 273@18psi up to 310-320@20+psi

700-750cc injectors see how we go.

Yeh I got my 1600cc off Dohmar. After reading about that guys 32R which maxed out 1000cc injectors at 23psi I thought I would rather be safe and go with these big sprayers.

I'm definatly going to look at getting my new car tuned on E85 for sure. Also given that I live around the corner from a servo that supplies the e85.

Yeh I got my 1600cc off Dohmar. After reading about that guys 32R which maxed out 1000cc injectors at 23psi I thought I would rather be safe and go with these big sprayers.

they do make you a sad panda at full boost tho =(

but i'm so close to getting on to e85 myself, car has been rebuilt with it in mind, just need some new coils and it should be interesting to see what it makes =)

why do u say they make u a sad panda at full boost?

are the injectors dohmar gets a direct fit or do they need mods?

might hit up 1000cc to give me room with e85

even thou i have 740cc atm..

why do u say they make u a sad panda at full boost?

are the injectors dohmar gets a direct fit or do they need mods?

might hit up 1000cc to give me room with e85

even thou i have 740cc atm..

theyre direct feed low impedance top feed denso style injectors

so if you have an rb26 then yes, they are a direct fit

they also come in 1800 and 2000cc variants

-D

Only thing i dont understand is, when they said the 1600cc are direct bolt in, the info on the bosch website say they are 14mm and therefor would not fit in a stock gtr rail, being 10.5mm :s