SAU Community

Fuel Pump Bosch 040?

popinr33

what do you mean by your old pump is having trouble?

have you considered running new wire to the old pump to up the voltage it gets? im not sure if that is what is causing your pump to play up but its worth changing anyway especially if you go and put an 040 pump in. there are heaps of threads on how to do it around this site.

my a/f has dropped a little bit so its running leaner. we checked the voltage going to it and thats fine. The pump just doesn't pump like it used to.

Yeah i have read the tutorials they seem really good. I'll source a pump and get onto it.

glad I found this was about to start a new thread.

So for a stockish r33 (as mentioned above, just breathing mods std boost) with this cause it to overfuel or use more fuel than the factory one? would the 040 be the best choice for a near stock car? also what sort of power could it support roughly?

the fuel pump can NOT make a car run richer unless the old pump was dead and not supplying enough fuel. replacing a working fuel pump with a new fuel pump that has a much higher flow rate will make no difference at all to the amount of fuel being used, etc, as that is all controlled by the injectors and fuel pressure regulator. all the pump does is supply the fuel. any extra fuel that isn't used is simply pumped back to the tank.

I replaced my stock fuel pump with a Bosch 040 when the stock one died up the a**... no change on fuel efficiency.

One thing I did notice was that the Bosch was much louder compared to the stock pump, I can hear a high pitched whining sound when its working while I'm outside the car, however my exhaust noise covers it up once I get inside.