SAU Community

Mysterious Oil Consumption

rorz

Hey all,

As above, my car is using oil somehow. There are no marks on the driveway so not leaking, and it only blows a bit of blue smoke sometimes when giving it some boot. Otherwise hardly ever see smoke from the exhaust.

Does that sound right? To use 1 litre of oil in 1 week from town driving? i would think if it was using that much it would be pouring smoke from the exhaust all the time?

Stock Rb20det r32

No cat

Pod

11psi

Feels like N/A after 4-5 RPM

Cheers for any input.

Mine hasn't burnt a drop & its done 170K. I would say its not normal. Take your pipe from turbo to intercooler off & look for oil-could be a turbo bush going or gone

Mine has done 155,000 kms and it only started doing it recently. I struggle to see how a whole litre can be in the intake system in just one week but thanks i'll have a look tomorrow anyway cheers

my rb25det used 1 litre per 2000km ish due to blowby before rebuild but coudnt notice any smoke from in the cab. followed it one day and blew everytime on boost. maybe yours is smoking worse than you think. but a litre in a week is very excessive

take it to a tuner/workshop and get a diagnostic test on the dyno and that will see if there is any serious problems....could be running rich or lean. its a good $150-$250 i spent on my car.