SAU Community

What Has Blown?

i just installed my boost gauge and went to go take my car for a drive and see what my boost controller is set when its at hi and low setting it seems its 10psi and then 12 psi

as i pulled into the drive way i noticed some dark spots on the ground turned out its coming from the skyline

iv taken a picture of where the leak is coming from but it is night time so its not the bst pic i am worried to drive the car any more as it seems something just exploded under there ( the car does drive fine though)

the liquied is sort or browny black on the car itself but on the ground its clean with small black bits in there, doesnt smell like petrol or water

any ideas guys?? as i want to be driving again knowing im safe

post-74131-1278670605_thumb.jpg

i just installed my boost gauge and went to go take my car for a drive and see what my boost controller is set when its at hi and low setting it seems its 10psi and then 12 psi

as i pulled into the drive way i noticed some dark spots on the ground turned out its coming from the skyline

iv taken a picture of where the leak is coming from but it is night time so its not the bst pic i am worried to drive the car any more as it seems something just exploded under there ( the car does drive fine though)

the liquied is sort or browny black on the car itself but on the ground its clean with small black bits in there, doesnt smell like petrol or water

Could it be power steering fluid? Had the same problem a while back and it turned out that the clamp that holds the hose to the bottom of the power steering resevoir was loose.

If I had to guess possibly the high pressure oil feed to the turbo. Location seems about right.

Just leave it and in the morning look at it with better light. I wouldn't risk driving it again personally.

i went for a 2-3 hours cruze last night through the hills

so it would make sence for it to come loose

it does look like alot of the fluid is on the steering also it seems the liquid is mainly around the left of the car

btw is that a major thing if the clamp comes undone

i went for a 2-3 hours cruze last night through the hills

so it would make sence for it to come loose

it does look like alot of the fluid is on the steering also it seems the liquid is mainly around the left of the car

btw is that a major thing if the clamp comes undone

Don't think so? I just did mine up, topped it back up and she hasn't leaked since.

Not 100% sure on this, but my other car, which is a Honda, seems to leak power steering fluid quite often so I think it's a common issue but I don't think you'll get any trouble from it tbh.

Just check the level of your power steering reservoir to be 100% sure that that is the culprit.

Water has a smell :yes: ???

Power steering fluid will be red, mine was loose to...If its clear itll probably be a water line im thinking...

Didnt notice your temp guage goup or your steering get heavy or oil pressure change..

You didnt drive through a puddle did you...

Edited by Arthur T3

haha nah it doesnt but i dont reckon its water

its certainly not red at all in any relation

im starting to think its an oil from around the turbo area

start with the cam cover seals and look for oil leaks, then work your way down untill you can see oil on the block/engine if it isnt the covers. look around where the highest bits of oil are for the leak.