SAU Community

M35 Stagea Inner Cv Boot Whats The Cost To Replace

matty_M35

Hi Matty,

I knew I should've documented this when I did it. I had a quick look at the c34 procedure and it was a little different. The problem I had was that I couldn't get the cv out from the block but it all worked out in the end.

I did the normal process to release the outer cv side and then as the boot was torn the cv simply slid out from the inner so I cleaned all the old grease and the piece of the boot that was left on that side. Cleaned up the boot that was left on the inner side and it was ready for the new boot.

I just went to my local parts store, asked for a 2001 M35 and asked if V35 or 350Z front inner right boot would be the same. The boot that I got from them was a V35 Front right stretch type (from what I hear all the new ones are stretch). This makes it easier to fit them over the bearing assembly, so there's no need to remove the bearings.

As for the bigger side of the boot, you could cut to the size you need as it was marked on the boot (by cutting off a section from the end)

Put the new boot on by stretching it over the bearing assembly and clamp the small side with the clips provided, pack the inner bearing hole with grease (also provided) and some grease in the new boot. Slide the CV bearings back in and this is the part I had the biggest problem with as it gets a little tight to do up the bigger clamp.

Hopefully that explains it enough. I don't have must experience in writing up my processes so I might have missed something.

Let me know if something is not clear and I'll do my best to explain.

Thanks