SAU Community

Where Can You Buy Shims?

Hi All,

This may seem like a totally dense question but does anyone know where I can purchase some shims for rb26 head. Did a google search for businesses but nothing local or close to local (SE Melb).

I need shims with this thickness below:

• 2.80mm
  • 2.73mm
  • 2.70mm
  • 2.99mm
  • 2.95mm
  • 3.00mm
  • 2.97mm
  • 3.03mm
  • 2.99mm

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanking everyone in advanced.

call nissan 1st and see if they can get them. if not, find out what the stock size shims are then most machine shops can dring them down.

or order from tomei and wait 2 months

Your gonna love the price form nissan, plus they are case hardened to .02mm and can't be ground down at all. Call precision shims australia (precisionshims.com.au) 03 9723 0199 as he has shims ready to go, in increments of .02 and case hardened to .2mm so you can rub them back to required tolerance- if my memory srerves me correctly- if you call he'll sort you out for info. Plus they're a much more realistic price.

Edited by doo doo

Your gonna love the price form nissan, plus they are case hardened to .02mm and can't be ground down at all. Call precision shims australia (precisionshims.com.au) 03 9723 0199 as he has shims ready to go, in increments of .02 and case hardened to .2mm so you can rub them back to required tolerance- if my memory srerves me correctly- if you call he'll sort you out for info. Plus they're a much more realistic price.

x2

good bloke to deal with

you saying they cant be ground down or shouldnt be ground down?

we ground some of my SR20 shims and guides when i converted to solid lifters, thought they would be the same

+1 more

another happy customer of Precision shims he was great to deal with. To bad its a pain of a job. And winding the cams in and out makes my thing hurt every time!

you saying they cant be ground down or shouldnt be ground down?

we ground some of my SR20 shims and guides when i converted to solid lifters, thought they would be the same

Stock ones shouldn't be ground down, you take away the .02mm hardened layer (at least this is for RB shims, which are direct bucket and shim actuation) My stock shims on the RB had mushrooming after about 120,000 kays. You would have to check with someone about the SR having the different valve actuation design, different shims.

Thanks for the help everyone!

doo doo you are an absolute life saver you have saved my skin on many occasions much appreciated bud. I'll have to shout you a beer if/when you come down this way.

Thanks for the help everyone!

doo doo you are an absolute life saver you have saved my skin on many occasions much appreciated bud. I'll have to shout you a beer if/when you come down this way.

Certainly!

• 1 month later...