SAU Community

Removing Passenger Seat

Chris_Beli

Hey guys, might have to pull out my passenger seat for a sound system install, my question is though, are there any tricks with disconnecting the curtain air bag in the seat? Is it as simple as just unplugging a cable, does disconnecting your battery prevent accidental deployment? Really want to avoid any mishaps with it. This is for series 2 c34

Chris

Hey guys, might have to pull out my passenger seat for a sound system install, my question is though, are there any tricks with disconnecting the curtain air bag in the seat? Is it as simple as just unplugging a cable, does disconnecting your battery prevent accidental deployment? Really want to avoid any mishaps with it. This is for series 2 c34

Chris

is there airbags in the seats?first i have ever heard of that.... leather seats are heated and the cable runs from the floor if thats what your thinking but air bags could have been another stagea option

No need to disconect the battery. Just dont turn the ignition on with the seat unpluged and you will be fine. Im not 100% sure with the stagea but with most cars with airbags in the seats if the ignition is turned on the airbag light will stay on the dash till it has been reset.

Yeah its definately air bags, there was a safety pack as an optional extra im pretty sure, but yeah there is a plastic panel on the shoulder of the seat that says srs air bag on it

ahh o.k fair enough i want air bags now didnt know that was an option