SAU Community

New Car

Hey everyone, I picked this up the day before yesterday for a trade of my XF ute and a bushbasher XF with a good engine and a 5 speed. My mate that traded it to me had no need/want for it and was green with envy as another one of our mates just bought an XH ute with a few mods that has 199.1 HP at the treads and now he's in pursuit of a fun ute aswell.

It's a 98 model VT (if you don't like the fact it's not a skyline, don't post please)

Good points:

GETRAG 5 speed manual from factory

Good paint

17's

New tires

Everything is in good condition, no bumps/rattles etc (it's rattle less than my AU)

GETRAG 5 speed manual from factory

Bad points:

The GETRAG needs to be recoe'd/replaced

Apparently the springs in the back are worn and make it unstable at speeds of 140kmh + (I've had it to 140 and didn't feel anything untoward, private road ofcourse) so is this an honest reason to make a car unstable? It really seems to handle quite well and I couldn't fault it, but maybe I was just lucky.

The getrag makes horrid crunching/spinning noises going into second and all the other gears if you get up it, you can make no noise in any of the gears if you drive like an absolute grandmother. Because I have no idea wtf is wrong with it, I won't be driving it until it's fixed.

My plans are to fix/replace the GETRAG, lower it, put a stereo in it (the old one was taken out), give it a good clean as it's filthy, and sell it to buy something else, VT's aren't my favourite car.

Here are some pics:

29072010_001_.jpg

29072010.jpg

Photo0902-1.jpg

So once the gearbox is fixed, I am confident that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, it starts first go, has 212xxx km, handles great and has a 5speed. How much do you guys think I could fetch for it? It really is in great condition apart from the gearbox.

OH and it has a new clutch :verymad: I think I got a good deal.

Back to boostcruising please..

I think you should head over to booscruising, considering you can't punctuate your post with a comma. I don't like commodores, this is just a way for me to make some money to go toward a skyline, I have no intentions of keeping it.

Maybe $4000-$6000? Being a manual is a bit rarer since most VT Executives are autos.

Just look through carsales prices I guess.

Thanks mate, I was thinking the same. Definitely an easy dollar, considering I was going to try and get rid of the ute's for $900.

If it is in good condition and you get the manual all sorted I don't see why you couldn't sell it for $4000. Like I said, look on carsales for a similar condition/spec car and see what people are asking. Then maybe put it up for sale for a bit cheaper than every one else for a quick sale.

Definately be able to sell it, as P platers would love it, being a manual!

Yeah mate, that's my target market :verymad:

If it is in good condition and you get the manual all sorted I don't see why you couldn't sell it for $4000. Like I said, look on carsales for a similar condition/spec car and see what people are asking. Then maybe put it up for sale for a bit cheaper than every one else for a quick sale.

Cheers man. I'm gunna clean her up next weekend after I get the box out, probably gunna change the trims between the front and rear doors on the outside of the car as they are faded, put a stereo in it and replace a hazard light button that it's missing and put it up for $5,000 and see what people will say. Carsales has some decent examples for between 5 and 7k, so I think I'll make a killing, considering it cost me pittance.