SAU Community

GTiR 0-400 time after a massage..

pentae

It may have been a "dakar" version. They are heaps lighter (no aircon, power windows, etc). I know a guy with one that has run a 12.0 with FMIC, intake, exhaust, boost and a slipping clutch.

At the time my GTR had run an 11.9 with FMIC, intake, exhaust, boost.

So not a whole lot of difference for the same mods.

regarding the above comments;

I dont realistically believe I would acheive anywhere near that time, the fact remains my car will still be smoking fast. And thats before I start modding it. It's no GTR, but who gives a shit; i'll be driving it soon ;)

UK 'Jap Car' mag's are weird..............i was reading one today in the news agent. they were compairing a r34 GTR with an r34 GT-T just saying what the differences is etc. what they didnt explain was why both cars had GTR badges stuck all over them. they riced up the GT-T.

tool's.

It may have been a "dakar" version.  They are heaps lighter (no aircon, power windows, etc).  I know a guy with one that has run a 12.0 with FMIC, intake, exhaust, boost and a slipping clutch.  

At the time my GTR had run an 11.9 with FMIC, intake, exhaust, boost.

So not a whole lot of difference for the same mods.

If u take any car and totally strip it, it will be quicker than a stocker. But would you want to drive around in a car with no sound insulation, a/c, radio, power windows etc?? It may be quick in a straight line but who cares, u aint gonna be dragging it 12hrs a day are ya? I would rather drive a comfortable car that is also quick but practical 2.

There are cars out there, faster than your 14 second GTS-t's, so what.

It's all about whether or not you are happy with the car as a whole, be it for looks, speed, handling or any of the car's other characteristics.

I think Skyline owners need to stop trying to take a poke at any other car, just because it's not a Skyline. Skyline's are not the be all and end all of performance, or motoring.

Signed,

Non-Skyline Owner.

I think Skyline owners need to stop trying to take a poke at any other car, just because it's not a Skyline. Skyline's are not the be all and end all of performance.

Can you show me an individual that has said that Skylines are the be all and end all of performance?

Not necessarily in this thread. I just feel that any time that someone mentions another car's capabilities they are just discounted on here.

Grant, this is a forum for Skyline enthusiasts and I am a fan of the series too, however I do think that credit where credit is due, the GTiR is a great bang for buck, exciting car.

Cheers

Josh

Not necessarily in this thread. I just feel that any time that someone mentions another car's capabilities they are just discounted on here.

Grant, this is a forum for Skyline enthusiasts and I am a fan of the series too, however I do think that credit where credit is due, the GTiR is a great bang for buck, exciting car.

Cheers

Josh

Josh,

Noone is disputing that the GTI-R is a great BFYB car...just a bit sceptical on the figures provided in the context of the comment...

For the record, i previously owned a quicker LS1 than my current Skyline, so im not a biased Skyline owner

bottom line is regarding performance if you wanna spend the bucks you will get the timeslip..

"if you build it, it will come"

Or even better you could build a tube frame chassis, then stick a big hp engine in there and drivetrain and brag to everyone how fast your car is. Just like the story you have read of this guttered Gtir that runs a fast time, big deal, as you wouldnt want to drive around in it all day would you

Cheers

Josh

So in other words, you don't read everything and make uninformed and inaccurate comments on unspecified things others have written. I can see no outright bagging of the GTiR here, just some opinions on looks and some reports of what might go wrong or what to expect from mods. I guess you've not read any threads on here about crunchy gearboxes, broken ringlands, and factory turbo limits on Skylines?

As a forum I find the people here to be the least biased compared to others. You even get the occasional Skyline owner recommending something other than a Skyline when someone asks what car to buy (shock horror!)

I think S15 owners need to stop making bollocks comments in this forum.

yeah UK skyline scene looks a bit weird.....i get the impression that they call all skylines GTR's like it is the only model. it's not a common car at all........

they're not really big here in scotland. i've seen 2. a R33 GTR that gets around, looks sweet. and a R34, not sure what it was but i could hear the damn thing for miles away. and it wasnt reving hi either......infact, pretty weird. i was walking down a main road and there were hardly any cars, this 34 was doing about half the speed limit, usually the other way round!

dodgy hatch backs are what's considered 'good' here.

Ive read in a number of places that these things do like 12.9's stocko.....

unfortunately not possible.

13.3 is considered fast for a stock one

12.9 is possible with boost, exhaust and cold air.

Speak to the guys that own them.

There would not be more than 5 in OZ that can break into 11 secs and one of them has 280Kwatts at the wheels with a best of 11.4.

A GTiR B (rally model) is only about 50kg lighter and has a front diff and close ratio box so should not be 1 sec faster.