SAU Community

R32 Servicing

andyvr4

Hi all i bought a r32 not long back and have only done the oil change, as i do most servicing and repairs myself could somebody give me some info on servicing details.

Im currently running motul turbo lite 4100 oil, is this the correct oil to use? The 32 has 110,00k's on it and has alot of lifter noise, sounds like a sticky lifter, ive tryed some of that lifter solution you add with the oil but still ticking away.

Also i need spark plug numbers as when i went to grab some today the book at autobarn recommends platinum plugs, do i really need platinums?

Basically just need advice on engine oil and plugs as the rest is straight forward, i have read up on oils but keep getting different info.

As im picky and change my oil before 5000 k's i dont want to run the premium stuff that will cost me $80 - $90 each hit.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers Andy

I doubt id get a response as im sure its been covered but 86 pages or so of peoples opinions is abit confusing, one says this is good another says another thing. Ive figured out the plugs so can anyone give some insight into which oil would be best for my car or should i add another post to the oil section in the sticky above?

My car feels like it has a loss of power accelarating throughout the rev range ever since i chucked in this 4100 turbo lite, i tryed 3 different oils in a 3 week period thats why im asking so i can get it spot on next time instead of trying different, i tryed a penrite 10w-40, nulon 10w-40, penrite 15w-50...

Cheers mate, thats all i was after, im getting 8100 tomorrow but its 8100 5w-40 and plugs are easy done. I think you meant 5w-40 anyways right?

Copper plugs are fine

Motul 8100 10w-40

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got the ngk copper spark plug part number for a r32? My local autobarn seems to be confused and so am i after seeing the maintenance section of the sticky up top... This is urgent and id like to get it done today so any help will be much appreciated

yeh cheers guys, i got the spark plugs, just took a guess at it, as in the sticky area it doesnt specify which spark plugs are for a r32 or 33 etc... how many members on this forum? about 20 - 30 time more than my previous rides forum. Nothing like the vr4 forums, every guy is more than keen to help wether it be a simple question or a complicated one.

same as that sivilansw forum!!!!