SAU Community

Importing Costs

dreamresult

checking whether it needs steam cleaning of foreign dirt - let's not lie..

customs / quarrantine etc are basically the government leg of australia's stitched up secretive corrupt lucrative shipping industry..

case in point my soarer was inspected n paid for, them steam cleaned, then re-inspected and re-paid for..

i get the car and there's japanese rocks n sand n god knows what still in the car - no work was done.. it was just fees.

sorry to make such a swooping generalisation but yeah - they charge you the fees they want to charge you to do no work what so ever - and because it's government we have no choice BUT to pay it..

so - we pay for these fees then we take our cars and try to screw a RAWS down on the cost of our vehicle compliance.. irony?

Same thing happened to my R34. It came complete with Japanese leaves, mud and gravel after 'steam cleaning'.

My Cube appears to have nothing at all so maybe it was steam cleaned. I had to wait two weeks for it to get steam cleaned on the docks.

bahahahhaa WHOOOOWOWah.

no no... in the first car i imported (cefiro) i had a packet of tissues, a fewpics of the owners wife (?)(he was an old man) and actually yea i got a japanese lolly. i ate it - bad idea..

in the car i got monday - not a damn thing. but then again the soarer is not a funny business car.. it is actually an actual nice car for realsies. =)

My R34 came with tic tacs.

My Cube just came with some empty wrappers and a train map for Hakodate.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever you do don't get the lollies i just got in my soarer. those lollies are bad.

those lollies are "you just got ripped off 4 thousand dollars" flavour.

i literally declare jihad on these guys for they have not done.

what about go man yen? what can i get for that?

go man en will get you a nice dinner at porterhouse in azabu for 2 people.... some of the best steak around.

try go ju man and then your into the cool cars. :no:

what ever you do don't get the lollies i just got in my soarer. those lollies are bad.

those lollies are "you just got ripped off 4 thousand dollars" flavour.

i literally declare jihad on these guys for they have not done.

Sweeeet mate! That's my favourite flavour lmao :no:

Edited by ModaFUR

lol fk up!

and nah - my interior was spotless but that's just from meticulous care from previous owner..

i was working the interior on the weekend and found a japanese locust under the driver seat. shit was SO dead.

bugs.

after steam cleaning? (Y)

lol fk up!

and nah - my interior was spotless but that's just from meticulous care from previous owner..

i was working the interior on the weekend and found a japanese locust under the driver seat. shit was SO dead.

bugs.

after steam cleaning? (Y)

the steam cleaning done for quarantine is only the outside of the car and engine bay (usually between the radiator and a/c cores). they have a gurney type thing that shoots steam and they spray under the car, up the wheel arches and in the engine bay. nothing is done inside the car. :P

i know you were tell me...but i was putting a point out about how that is not really proper...they should be told to do interior...yes even if they dead, the dirt and germs they carry can be harmful wouldnt it?

it'd be an issue of concern if they could remain a sustainable life within australias climate..

but they can't... so no..

not only that... chances of survning in a car for three weeks in transit then quarrantine then aqis inspections.. bugs don't live THAT long..

germans on the other hand... if i found one of them in my car... that's an issue..