SAU Community

Waiting Tooo Long For Compliance Plate Approval

YONG

I'm in the same situation..

My 34 GTR is sitting at the compliance shop where its been for a month now.

just waiting for a silly compliance sticker..

They've told me they will call me when it arrives, it takes a lot of control not to annoy them everyday.

I hope i can pick it up next week.

It isn't the "sticker" they are waiting for, it is due to other reasons related to the workshop and DOTARS, once the car clears you fax off for the plate and 3 days later you have it.

Waiting for the plate as a reason is a crock, waiting for the paper work to clear or even be submitted is more the truth.

Edited by DRIFTT

It isn't the "sticker" they are waiting for, it is due to other reasons related to the workshop and DOTARS, once the car clears you fax off for the plate and 3 days later you have it.

Waiting for the plate as a reason is a crock, waiting for the paper work to clear or even be submitted is more the truth.

Ok yeah well whatever the reason. My beast is sitting in the workshop gathering dust.

Can't wait to pick it up and start modifying it.

When I applied for my compliance plate I was given the option to pay a little extra to get it through quicker.

Received the compliance sticker in 3 days.

that's probably because the workshop has maxed their plate allowance and they're getting them back in dribs and drabs, so who ever pays the most gets preference. There's no "fast queue" they can put you on if you pay more, except one of their own making :D

i would just like to add that i wash my self with a rag attached to a stick, i lather it up using bodywash and just go to town - seriously

i told the compliance shop that and then they said that i have to wait for a plate, i waited for a plate but it hasn't come, i wait three whole waits!!!!

what should i do???

i'm thinking i might call iron chef and tell him how i feel about the situation at hand here.

i would just like to add that i wash my self with a rag attached to a stick, i lather it up using bodywash and just go to town - seriously

i told the compliance shop that and then they said that i have to wait for a plate, i waited for a plate but it hasn't come, i wait three whole waits!!!!

what should i do???

i'm thinking i might call iron chef and tell him how i feel about the situation at hand here.

beware the free reacharound.

I think he's sending me a coded message re the reacharound...

what should i do???

regards to your sig.

really?

FREE!?!?!

...kinda regretting going importmonster now.

don't tell him i said that though.. he .... he - - beats me..

i mean i know i deserve it and all but the last few weeks hes been drinking and it really scares me, ya know?

maybe i'll call a compliance shop and see what they reckon.

• 3 weeks later...

you knew what this was

regards to your sig.

really?

FREE!?!?!

...kinda regretting going importmonster now.

don't tell him i said that though.. he .... he - - beats me..

i mean i know i deserve it and all but the last few weeks hes been drinking and it really scares me, ya know?

maybe i'll call a compliance shop and see what they reckon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I purchased a 370GT Type-SP on the 22nd of July! It took 7 weeks to get an import certificate!

Bespoke in Adelaide said it will take roughly anywhere of up to 2 month to comply 'cause of some Victorian Government audit I didn’t want my car collecting dust and sitting in the sun, taking up space at the workshop so I applied for a Temporary Unregistered Permit on the 25th of last month then took her home Whilst I wait for the DETORS Sticker.

I have had her home in the Garage for a weeks and a half now, washed her 3 times and have had a professional car detailer come and detailer her at home (for a 6 pack ;) ). But seems like forever, every day as I wait for a Telephone call from Goran and say: “We have the sticker come and drop your car off and I’ll run her in Regency!”

Don’t by any means digest this post as a hack at Bespoke, Goran wants to be payed ASAP and it’s not in his control, plus he has great communication and can answer my every email and txt! Frigging Government employees should get off their fat ass!

Sometimes I think I should have just bought an IS-350 or 370GT locally, this car I have been funding for 3 months cannot even be driven yet (yells at the top of voice and punches desk!)