SAU Community

Gtr Damaged For Around $6500

Theres a dark purple R33 1995 skyline on my road it's been sitting there for months since it got damaged in an accident. Just noticed it had a for sale sign on it so i called the chick up who owned it and she said it's a GTR but she only wants around 6500 for it but it's got 200,000 on it. It's got all the GTR bits on it but no GTR badge.

She didn't seem to know a whole lot about it. I asked if it's a twin turbo she just said "it's a turbo man it's an import". I asked her if it was an actual GTR and she's like "yeh it's an import man". So i dunno how do you tell if it's an actual GTR or not? I was looking on car sales and didn see another model called a BCNr33 that didnt seem anywhere as expensive as the typical one.

Does this sound right? I thought a GTR would be worth more than that even if it was damaged and had 200,000 on it.

If it cost 1500 to fix the damage would the car still be worth more than 8 grand?

Or would it be worth fixing for that much and then reconditioning the engine?

Edited by Boxtrot

Post pics.. Sounds BS to me.. 1.5k to fix.. she'd do it herself and sell for more...

She's saying "man" alot.. Sounds derro.. Also doesnt know anything about the car? LOL

go over.. get the VIN (Chassis) number.. and the engine number.. and pics.. I'd personally say you're asking for trouble.. Pics of damage also

Post pics.. Sounds BS to me.. 1.5k to fix.. she'd do it herself and sell for more...

She's saying "man" alot.. Sounds derro.. Also doesnt know anything about the car? LOL

go over.. get the VIN (Chassis) number.. and the engine number.. and pics.. I'd personally say you're asking for trouble.. Pics of damage also

She did sound derro.

I said 1.5k to fix the car. The rear quarter panel is fuxed and the left side bottom part of the rear is pushed in a bit.

I just sat down man ill get it next time i go past.

stand behind it an check if the rear guards are flared or if there flush with the rest of the car. GTR's have flared rear guards and its very noticeable. It's possible that a GTS could have flared rear guards as well but I haven't seen any.

stand behind it an check if the rear guards are flared or if there flush with the rest of the car. GTR's have flared rear guards and its very noticeable. It's possible that a GTS could have flared rear guards as well but I haven't seen any.

Get underneath bro, look for the transfer case and front diff, it's one thing that's rather hard to fake.

spend $30 on vicroads on the number plate and get a history check.

That won't answer all your questions, but at least if it's been through insurance, you can see what accidents it's been through.

Also may tell you if it's stolen or not.

Get the VIN, call up Nissan spare parts at your local dealer, and ask the nice man to run the VIN through their Nissan FAST software. It will tell you how it came out of the factory, ie engine,rwd/awd, color, transmission etc. If it has an RB26DETT engine and AWD, then it's a GTR. :P

Get the VIN number, check the dashboard, pop the bonnet and check that it has an RB26, look under the car for a transfer case (for the 4wd system), look the triple-gauges in the centre of the dash, the seats, flared gaurds at the front and rear, front guards + bonnet are aluminium.

Theres a farking shitload of different ways to tell if it's a gtr.

Get the VIN, call up Nissan spare parts at your local dealer, and ask the nice man to run the VIN through their Nissan FAST software. It will tell you how it came out of the factory, ie engine,rwd/awd, color, transmission etc. If it has an RB26DETT engine and AWD, then it's a GTR. :P
'

+1

FAST the VIN and you'll have the best chance to find out exactly what it is

Thats the one, its a GTS-T. It is completely f**ked, that is not fixable damage. I went past and had a quick look, was gonna offer $1500 for it, its only worth it for the motor and box. Its got a fake fibreglass 400R front bar thats also beat up beyond use.

Thats the one, its a GTS-T. It is completely f**ked, that is not fixable damage. I went past and had a quick look, was gonna offer $1500 for it, its only worth it for the motor and box. Its got a fake fibreglass 400R front bar thats also beat up beyond use.

Oh your the one that stopped as i was on the phone to the chick lol.