SAU Community

Fuel Damper

Hey guys

I always feel a weird knocking sound from the chassis when the car is idle and I went to the auto repair shop they told me it may cause by the bad fuel damper. You can actually feel the pulse from the fuel line and its exactly the same rhythm as the knocking noise. Anyone have any idea how much the fuel damper cost? I am planning to import the parts from US but not sure they are the same or not. BTW I am thinking the fuel damper should be the same model as 350Z...anyideas?

It's a known issue with the VQ engine and I've recently replaced mine with a damper from Riverside Infiniti USA.

They sell for about $120AU shipped. Local dealers wanted $300 for it...

Hey guys

I always feel a weird knocking sound from the chassis when the car is idle and I went to the auto repair shop they told me it may cause by the bad fuel damper. You can actually feel the pulse from the fuel line and its exactly the same rhythm as the knocking noise. Anyone have any idea how much the fuel damper cost? I am planning to import the parts from US but not sure they are the same or not. BTW I am thinking the fuel damper should be the same model as 350Z...anyideas?

It's a known issue with the VQ engine and I've recently replaced mine with a damper from Riverside Infiniti USA.

They sell for about $120AU shipped. Local dealers wanted $300 for it...

Thanks for your information. Can you please tell me where can I order one from? May be I can order one from US and ask someone to put it in. :D

The one that's usually faulty is on the left bank (when facing the engine) and has the rubber hose that feeds straight from the fuel line.

Part number is 22675-AM60A - Fuel feed hose damper

Another thing you can do to test if the existing damper is faulty is to touch the fuel feed hose from the damper during idle.

If it vibrates a fair bit like the noise from inside the car, then its faulty.

I think I may also need one of these, which fuel damper is generally the faulty one, as there's one for each bank?

• 2 years later...