SAU Community

I Thought I Would Introduce Myself And My Skyline.

Hi all,

I thought I would introduce myself and my skyline.

post-74732-1283785102_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic.

Skylines were always my favorite Japanese sports car, my bunky old XF kept breaking down and I needed a change. I got settled into my new job and then I wanted a Skyline!

I had a look at what was on the market and I wasn't impressed, I looked around some more and after a few months I settled on [RDIRTY3]. This is my first HPV and I am in love with it.

Current Mods:

Intake

○ Front mount intercooler

○ Apexi filter in heat shield

○ Cold air intake from front bar

○ Blow off valve

Exhaust

○ 3" Dump

○ 3" Exhaust - 3" cat

Engine Management

○ Z32 Ecu (Modified for RB25)

○ Nistune Type 2

Transmission (needs some work)

○ Heavy duty clutch

○ Redline oil

Suspension

○ Tein EDFC coilovers

○ Adjustable camber arms

○ Whiteline swaybar

Brakes

○ DBA 4000 Slotted rotors

○ Bendix CT Brake pads

Tyres

○ Toyo TR1 255/45/16

I have been busy tinkering with it since early this year, installing some sound, tidying up the wiring, upgrading the brakes, 3 inch dump and cat and now tuning it with Nistune.

post-74732-1283784835_thumb.png

I am running a Z32 ECU with a Nistune Type 2. I modded the ECU for direct plug in to a R33.

The stock RB25 maps were uploaded to the ECU as a base. It ran perfectly just like stock, cold start and everything worked as normal, except that I can tune the car in realtime with nothing but a laptop and a usb cable. I use a Motec PLM to read the tune, which also feeds Nistune the lambda readings. I also want to setup the boost gauge to feed into Nistune so I can log boost to tune a boost controller when I get one.

The inside still needs a bit of a tidy and the drive train needs a bit of work but otherwise she is a dream.

Peace out,

Laz

Edited by INSTASKID

Looks nice mate. Take your time with it and don't be another douche and turn it into another common piece of shit R33. Make it stand out with some nice yet subtle mods. Keep it clean and only modify it with quality Jap parts :)

Thanks syfon,

I really love the current look and since the paint and body is in great condition, I do intend to keep it as stock looking as possible.

I cry whenever I see a Skyline that has been thrashed to hell and never maintained properly, thus my disappointment of what was on the market. :banana:

I have been servicing the vehicle with Aussie parts, which shouldn't be a problem right, as long as it is done regularly?

I replaced the fuel filter about a month ago, the fuel leaking out of it was BLACK, like it hasn't been replaced for years. I figure a new $30 Ryco filter is better then a JapSpec that's dirty.

When it comes to servicing and general maintenance of your Skyline, the use of generic parts such as Ryco oil filters, Castrol/Mobil/Shell oils are fine. When you hear other people saying "I use Royal Purple and Motul oils in my Skylines and it performs better", don't bother wasting your money on those 'high-end' parts. You only need to use the top-end oils if your running a high-hp motor.

Just keep up to date with your servicing....gearbox and diff oil - as long as it is replaced once, then it's fine. Change your engine oil every 5000-8000kms and the filter each time. Spark plugs, every 10,000kms.

When it comes to modifying the car, that is where you spend the money and get proper Jap performance parts. Don't go cheap on mods or you'll regret it :D