SAU Community

Basic Tune?

Peter89

i know this really isn't for forum for it but i trust SAU more then commo forums.

looking for a tuner that can adjust AFRs and remove a crappy "powerchip" from a VN commodore. it's a wagon and useful for moving stuff but the fuel efficiency is ridiculously poor, something must be off and i suspect the "powerchip" has something to do with it. considering it's old, was installed back in the early 90s.

any tuners that would be willing to take a look at it? how much ya think it ll cost?

Edited by Peter89

the ecu doesn't wear out, ie it's a static tune once set

check the 02 sensor, its probably the factory 02 sensor which is like 200,000km old

they dont last forever and when dead the ECU will waste fuel

the ecu doesn't wear out, ie it's a static tune once set

check the 02 sensor, its probably the factory 02 sensor which is like 200,000km old

they dont last forever and when dead the ECU will waste fuel

ecu doesn't wear but the engine does. o2 sensor has been replaced many times.

it's been running so rich, when i took the exhaust off the cat was burnt out, completely. still sure it's the cheap power chip.

Edited by Peter89

ecu doesn't wear but the engine does. o2 sensor has been replaced many times.

it's been running so rich, when i took the exhaust off the cat was burnt out, completely. still sure it's the cheap power chip.

Why not just go to the wreckers and get a stock ecu without the power chip and just replace it. Also "Greenfoam" on the Just Commodores forum would definetly be able to help with this problem as he does powerchips for many of the members on there.