SAU Community

Stroker R34 Gtr

Hey guys, so after some time I have finally sold the STi. Got $41k for it which was not bad. I'm now deciding between the R34 GTR or the BMW M3. I need help seriously. The M3 has nice looks, luxury interior and discreetness. The R34 is nuts, flashy and vulgar, which is what I love about it. My problem is the GTR's engine. The 2.6 Ltr isn't going to do it for me. I know, I know the RB26 has the potential of 1000hp+ but we're talkign about street power, low end torque. For that displacement is key. Does anyone know of a stroker/bore build 3 ltrs or more? I know some people use the RB30 with RB26 heads and stuff but does that change the engine's behavior, sound or strength? If I can get a 3.0 or 3.2 I would pick the R34 is a heart beat. So what's crackin?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seriously dude we have had this convo before.

have u driven an m3, they might look nice but they are pretty boring (i take it u mean an e63 because if ur talking an e92 then i would choose that) they may look nice but they r not that good a car in my opinion (having had 3 beemers now) there gear box is a piece of shit as well unless u cruise it.

an r34 gtr is a unbelievable sporets car. now i do agree with u in terms of on paper the rb26 does look a lil small being only a 2.6 liter engine, however they r a work of art.

im doing the 3litre block and 26 head combo in my gtt atm and i think that is what u should do, or one of the many stroker kits available on the market. (tomei, hks, apexi, or the big boy os giken)

but

my first recomendation is

buy a gtr and see how u go from there, do some nice handling mods and get some good tyres on it and then tell us what u reckon. and some basic breathing mods as well to open it up a lil.

spool is currently working on a 3.4 litre stroker as well. but i dont know how far they have gone with it, i havnt seen any updates recently.

3.4 Stroker for the R34???!! I hope they're not using the RB26 bottom end lol there won't be any metal left. However you are right about the M3, I have actually driven it but only slightly, not mine but a friend's and not thrashing it or anything. I won't be getting the M3, I am buying a GTR within the next 2 weeks maybe earlier. Looking at this actually

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/privat...3&silo=1011

Does the RB30 build change the car's dynamics in anyway for example will the engine be less revvy, sound different etc.

Lachlanw my last car was an 04 STi, I had it tuned at TRP, I got a 2.7l stroker off him good guy Tony Rigoli. If you want pics and videos pm me cos I have to upload them to rapidshare.

or you can run a rb26 head and a Nissan Patrol block. (dont remember which one, but a mate of mine, a nissan tuner told me about it when he was building it) those things have immense power. i think it turns it into a 3.5l or so. but its basically the other option besides a rb30 bottom end.

but just the bottom end alone will set you back about $10k

Jean

or you can run a rb26 head and a Nissan Patrol block. (dont remember which one, but a mate of mine, a nissan tuner told me about it when he was building it) those things have immense power. i think it turns it into a 3.5l or so. but its basically the other option besides a rb30 bottom end.

but just the bottom end alone will set you back about $10k

Jean

hay dude, whats this patrol block ur talking about, i think the old ones do run rb30's

mine will handle 1000hp and cost me 10k, how does the patrol block make it a 3.5litre, this is interesting...

3.4 Stroker for the R34???!! I hope they're not using the RB26 bottom end lol there won't be any metal left. However you are right about the M3, I have actually driven it but only slightly, not mine but a friend's and not thrashing it or anything. I won't be getting the M3, I am buying a GTR within the next 2 weeks maybe earlier. Looking at this actually

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/privat...3&silo=1011

Does the RB30 build change the car's dynamics in anyway for example will the engine be less revvy, sound different etc.

Lachlanw my last car was an 04 STi, I had it tuned at TRP, I got a 2.7l stroker off him good guy Tony Rigoli. If you want pics and videos pm me cos I have to upload them to rapidshare.

nah dude rb 30 blocks check the link.

the car u have posted is f**king nuts, if it runs well definately get it bro. thats awesome. 400kw gtr is very very quick haha

http://www.spoolimports.com/content/HOWTOBUILDARB34.asp

definately link me to the picks of ur sti sounds tuff

when i have time, hopefully tomorrow monrning, ill call him and ask him from what car the block was, i remember it was bigger than a rb30, it was a 4wd car made by nissan, i know the engine block was not a RB, could have been P40 or so. will reply

also if anyone is interested, hes selling a r34 gtr, with the whole rb26/30 conversion putting out over 500awkw. but thats thread hijacking. :)

ill write back and tell yall what the engine block is

Would the RB26/30 build change the engine behavior or sound?

I had another idea which is going to sound stupid but how about a 2JZ powered R34? The 2JZ is nuts and can be stroked to 3.4 comfortably and the GTR is a better car in terms of handling, looks and overall features. Would anyone do such a build and how much would it cost. I know mounting the damn thing is going to be difficult. Also would the R34's 4WD handle it?

By the way guys when I get the car I'm going to have alot of parts to install on hand. I could have a mechanic do them but some things I can do and I've done before. Question is where can I rent like a small place like a workshop for 2 week or so. Bigger than a house garage but not a factory, just enough to work on the car.

the 2jz can fit into your car, ive seen people do it, but thats to turn it into a RWD car, just to attach a gtr box to a 2jz would be overly complicated. then getting a custom harness made and the ecu etc etc.

so why not use a n1 gtr block the 24U?? that thing can withstand just about anything. would be a whole load cheaper than a 2jz conversion. maybe try to get a diff turbo setup, see if you can get it to run in sequential mode, youll see a big increase in that. thats how the TT supra, porsche 959, and partially counting in the VW Golf twincharged engine have soo much performance.

How big is the N1 block, like I said this thing will be strictly street, I need fast spool, bigger displacement has an advantage here. Yes an RB26 can make 1000hp (I'm only looking for 550-600) but it's the power curve that matters for a street car. If I could get a 3/3.2/3.4 I would be happy. I thought of the 2JZ because you can get kits made in 3.4L easily from reputable companies with warranty and such.

well the n1 is a stock block, the 2.6l but like nismo did with the ztune, bore to 2.8l

if you want quick spool get some really custom manifolds made, get a lightened flywheel, a balanced or even custom crank and forged internals.

if you get your crank balanced to the weight of your rods and pistons, youll see really quick revs.

how far down do you want the trubo to hit boost?? starting at about 1500-1800rpm???

if so, get a sequential manifold built. run small turbo and big turbo, small to start at about 1500rpm and get the big to kick in at 3k-4k rpm.

if your only looking towards the 500-600hp stick with a rb26, ive seen one on stock block, with bit bigger turbos and forged internals qucikly pull out 340kw atw.

actually i have the dyno sheet if your interested in seeing it.

oh and in regards to the patrol pathfinder, etc block head combine, i was a bit off :cool:

you use the rb30 block, rb26 head and nissan Navara or pathfinder (forgot which one exactly, but a bit of google will surely ifnd it) pistons, conrods and crank.

they will make the engine to a 3.2 or 3.4l engine.

Oh boy...... this is too easy.

Step 1. Buy a nice R34 GTR.

Step 2. Replicate Mark Berry's 3.0L engine and dry sump etc in his car by purchasing the entire package from High Octane.

Step 3. Fit high end Autronic or Motec and have it tuned well.

Step 4. Enjoy it for years at over 800hp with just a little bit of love.

:cool:

well he didnt use the standard ones, he used a forged set from what ive been told, this was for a customer who wanted massive low down torque and use a giant bloody turbo. this was some years ago, and he got about 600kw at the wheels from it. so this was built for performance. very very high performance.