SAU Community

Purchased New Alpine Headunit/dvd Player

hks33

hey sau,

purchased a nice apline dvd unit/headunit for my car today not saure how to go about hooking it up with my 6 stacker cd player in the boot? if needed i can supply the model number what should i do about this situation

regards chris

Alpine IVA-D106E has a Ai-Net port. Most Alpine 6 stack CD changers use the Ai-Net cable. Check the brand of the 6 stacker in the boot first, we can figure it out from there. If it's an Alpine - I think you're good to go.

hey,

dont believe it is a alpine one just the standard stacker that comes in the boot so dose that mean i may not be able to connect it up to the existing stacker.... i can double check but im pretty certain it isnt

here is a photo of the stacker currently in the boot need some information on how to go about installing the system if i cannot wire it upto the attached picturepost-75494-1285162273_thumb.jpg

much appreciated guys you are a big help

thanks for you help chris appreciate it alot can the alpine headunit IVA-D106E still be wired into the loom without using the 6 stacker cd player? or have i just gone and wasted alot of money for nothing >_<

cheers chris

hey,

what exactly will a wiring harness do?

thanks michael

no offence intended here BUT if you have to ask that question - please pay someone to fit the thing. you will run less risk of killing something that way.

no offence intended here BUT if you have to ask that question - please pay someone to fit the thing. you will run less risk of killing something that way.

hey chris,

no offence but i was kind of after a helpfull question.. i know what a wiring harness is just dont see the point of fitting one i was told that a wiring harness is for people who dont have a clue for corresponding wire colours running of the loom, iam pretty cluey when it comes to car electronics as i have fitted all my gauges/lights and fixed my system in the past aswell as custom designing mdf brackets to my new front speakers that "i installed myself"

i dont know why i even posted that because still to this time nobody had answered my question about how to go with installing my deck and bypassing my cd stacker if its not useable as you say my thoughts currently are just to leave it out and install the deck just not sure what the headunit side of the plug/ colour of the wire will look like for the stacker

Use the Nissan harness (from Autobahn) so you won't have to cut the factory plug off. Solder head unit harness wires to Nissan harness (the one you buy from Autobahn) wires, plug each end into their sockets and your done. Took me the best part of an hour to install my head unit and I'd never pulled a 33 dash apart previously.

If your stacker won't plug into the new alpine unit then you're already bypassing it. Remove it from boot and use it as a door stop or something....

Use the Nissan harness (from Autobahn) so you won't have to cut the factory plug off. Solder head unit harness wires to Nissan harness (he one you buy from Autobahn) wires, plug each end into their sockets and your done. Took me the best part of an hour to install my head unit and I'd never pulled a 33 dash apart previously.

If your stacker won't plug into the new alpine unit then you're already bypassing it. Remove it from boot and use it as a door stop or something....

thankyou finally a helpfull comment i appreciate your help alot i love how on public forums people can be so helpfull yet so ignorant was thinking that was the way to go after reading some installation wiring harness threads so i dont have to butcher the loom

high regards chris!