SAU Community

High Performance Driving Course (mallala)

V35-2005

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consistantly slow by the sounds of it. michael on here did consistant 1:28s on his first day with front mount, exhaust and coils in his 34 GTT

hahaha yay got a mention :) thanks josh, yea was sitting around the high 1.27 to low 1.28 at the last track day, with shagged street tires.... if ive still got my car for the next one ill make sure i have a decent set of treads :)

anyone got any photos of this day? keen to see

hahaha yay got a mention :) thanks josh, yea was sitting around the high 1.27 to low 1.28 at the last track day, with shagged street tires.... if ive still got my car for the next one ill make sure i have a decent set of treads :)

anyone got any photos of this day? keen to see

It's interesting you say that about shagged street tyres. I used some well worn streeters (cheap Hankooks) on my first track day and honestly they felt more comfortable to drive on than the more expensive and more highly regarded Sumitomo Z3's I've got on there now. I put it down to the tyre squirming less under load on the worn tyres due to less tread depth meaning less tread block distortion. I have set a better time on the Sumitomo's but they just don't feel as consistent as the worn down Hankooks did.

No probs Michael. You did well out there and I enjoy stirring krishy. Now I'm back in a skyline looking to get a 26 with the 33. Will be same power as now. I've fitted my brembos all round, so hopefully good brakes and reasonable suspension gear should get me there

hurry up sau