SAU Community

R32 Gts4 - Restoration/rebuild

while on the topic. how bout some R33 cruise control? i dont mind as long as t looks neat in the end. what sort of money would i be looking at?

Edited by boiracer

for those nutty enough to be looking at the idea:

cruise control

R32-cruise-cont-parts.pdf

there is a catch from what I can see. there are 4 harnesses for this car. mine has the extra plugs for the cruise units inside and tucked away on the harness outside so its definitely doable on this car. yet to ask nissan japan about what is still available though.

Ive been looking at this for a long time now, and the r32 had this option from factory, so I think that all 32's will have the plugs there to install it. Was going to look around at a few wreckers and see if i can find a maxima with it fitted, and see how easy it would be to install (or get someone else to). Ebay has a few parts, like the switches, and the control boxes, but the loom and actuators seem to be the hardest. If you get more info on this Chris about what can still be bought through nissan and how much, then it would be much appreciated. My local dealer is useless.

still yet to check if the maxima one is the same. plug is the same but I'm not sure about the rest. I have a build plate off one so I will look it up at some point.

ok had a bit of a dig amonst the GTR harness that I have now and the GTS4 Harness that is half burnt in the engine bay.

looks like cruise control is a function of the engine harness. the GTR harness doesn't have it, the GTS4 one does.

so for me I'm going to split both harnesses and take the cruise wiring out of mine and toss it into the GTR one since it is in MUCH better condition than the one I have.

for those nutty enough to consider this:

on the outside fuse panel is a spare 4 pin plug. that is for the servo. the rest of it is inside on the same harness. the harness that feeds the steering sensor has extra wiring for the buttons and the clock spring behind the wheel has the positions for extra wires (two extra.) there are three more plugs on the inside harness. one for a relay one for the module and one for the switch. so its a wheel swap with buttons,add teh missing bits and that's pretty much it.

now that I know what is involved I'll start SLOWLY sourcing these AFTER I rebuild that engine harness.

if you want detailed images of what I'm babbling about ask me.

while on the topic. how bout some R33 cruise control? i dont mind as long as t looks neat in the end. what sort of money would i be looking at?

I'll have a dig.

yep the option was there. button set on teh right side of the wheel. cost would probably be on the wrong side of not cheap.

remind me next time you see me and I'll explain.

cruise control results from nissan japan :(

-----------

Chris,

Not much is still kicking around:

25340-01U00 NLA

25551-85E10 Unknown Delivery Date (will go NLA after a month or two

if no demand for it)

18910-01U00 NLA

18955-01U00 NLA

18930-71L02 NLA

25300-V5000 --> 25300-62J0E In stock, 2- 3 day delay on delivery

48430-50U60 Error

48420-04U60 NLA

---------------------

so there is a switch still available. looks like I start pulling a maxima apart or forget the idea from a OEM standpoint.

I am going to look at a maxima and a Z32. only issue that I have is the HICAS ring on the stock wheel. maxima does not have that ring and the jap Z does. rewrapping a Z wheel can be done for a fee and that should give me the buttons and hicas ring. both cars are side by side in the yard I frequent so I will have a look today with my wheel in hand.

ok I now have a full GTR body harness for this thing with a matching dash cluster. also picked up all the fluid lines in the engine bay and a straight front crossmember.

rumor is that whizzn has a engine in his now as well.

I'm going to play for a while now :)

ok I now have a full GTR body harness for this thing with a matching dash cluster. also picked up all the fluid lines in the engine bay and a straight front crossmember.

rumor is that whizzn has a engine in his now as well.

I'm going to play for a while now :)

Thanks for help today getting motor in and all mounted up on its mounts

Back is now killing me from bending over engine bay all afternoon connecting everything else lol

Thanks for help today getting motor in and all mounted up on its mounts

Back is now killing me from bending over engine bay all afternoon connecting everything else lol

no problems,

my arm is not that much better.

spent most of today retrieving what was left of a GTR half cut from ipswich. (ta brett!!!) I now have all the lines and clamps I was missing on mine. still need to get various small clips and the like.

shame about the left headlight seal - whilst MOST of it was there its not enough to remake the thing. I am going to be on the lookout for one from any 32 I lay my hands on. once I do I intend to copy it to a bit of paper so I have an idea of what it looks like.

right now I'm stripping a front crossmember down so I can give it a GOOD clean and then off to the powdercoater for a proper tidyup.