SAU Community

Knocking in rear end of my r33

DRAGTS

i have a knocking in the rear of my r33 gts-t. It sounds like the strut top nuts are loose but they are tight as. I run some jap spec Tein coil overs. I'm starting to think it may be internal within the struts>>Any thoughts????

ok do this,

open your boot

pull the carpet wall stuff away after taking the little plastic rivets out

stick your arm under and down into the panel below the jack is.. and see whats down there

i had a rattling in mine only over certain bumps, it really started to piss me off.

i stuck my arm into the panel, searched around a bit, and found 2 bolts, a spanner and a ball point pen

problem solved.

Take a look at the struts through the wheel arches. If it appears wet, then it's leaking oil and needs to be serviced. I had this problem once, a small rock had wedged itself between the steel shaft and the seal, causing a small but deep scratch and therefore leak. It started making a knocking sound and there was oil all over the place by the time I had a look.

After that I put rubber boots on to stop it happening in future, but my front struts are still naked. I need to find more rubber boots.