SAU Community

Which Shocks/coilovers/springs Gives The Softest Ride

dannk

am on the market for suspension for my R33 gst. want coilovers.

my question is which shocks will give me the softest ride, i used to drive a soarer before and the suspension was jus as soft as a merc. so want something similar to that,my car is basically a daily and not for the track therefore am not bothered about the best perfomance.i am more interested with comfort. what would you guys advise for a soft ride suspension.

my other question is i have a set of three piece wheels i intend to repaint. so would like to to know if i take them apart,will that affect their integrity like will they be still straight n stuff, or you require a special machine to put them back together on balance

cheers guys any help would be useful

thanks guys from the direction of the replies ive got, coilovers are definately not in the squishy ride category am i right ?

therefore i think will stick to stock suspension, but would definatly need better springs, what type of springs are recommended for a softer ride.

like since it mite be my shocks which are worn, would be looking at getting a good set of stock shocks and upgrade the springs, am i in the right direction ?

First of all, the Skyline is a sports car, not a luxury limousine. Therefore it should have a relatively firm ride quality.

The springs are there to support the weight of the car, and the shock absorbers are there to control the action of the springs. (Without shock absorbers, the car will just wallow all over the place, like a Yank Tank).

My experience has been that dead shocks will induce a severe harshness into the ride quality. To get what you want, I would suggest something like a KYB replacement shock absorber, with a set of Kings standard height springs. While this will firm up the ride a bit, it will not give the harshness that dead shocks can induce (and I'm guessing this is what you have atm).

Lol umm what?

Stock suspension with lowered king springs would be as soft as you can get!

Rubbish, misinformed comment. Shagged shocks bouncing off bump stops, compared to soft rate springs with suitably valved shocks in Tein SS's, what do you think? I have them in mine and they are even softer than standard GTR suspension.