SAU Community

New Project - Need Input

toffy

which colour should i paint my new ceff  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^^are they veilside andrew V's??

or a china copy..

you have little to no hope of getting them if they're veilsides man..

and Jangles - well spotted.. that is pretty much the exact colour and wheels i suggested..

toff - end result will probably end up looking a bit like my car - except WAY better if you use Weds Kranze LXZ.

you'd be suprised what pearls result in colours to the naked eye..

for instance.. white paint with blue pearl:

bluehood.gif

nah real veilside Andrew evo's , ok i'll cross them off my list then?

the colour on that toysan looks alot like candy black/brown with a gold basecoat , it's a nice colour , but would look fairly average on an overcast day imo (i searched for the colour on google but couldn't find many pics) . I'm a spraypainter/panel beater by trade so i've played about with pearl a fair bit :):D , the car is actually white with a pearl blue and mauve atm but looks pretty dirty/pearl fade

funny story , i kinda got offered a set of weds kranze lxz at the same time as i bought the kf's , only reason i bought the kf's is because they were chrome instead of silver kranze

iceekool: is that the same colour as on late model x-trails?

as odd as the name is, I take it you are looking at going for the "hellaflush" look? I say go a nice pearl white in that case as it will bring out the clean lines of the car, aswell as help the chrome wheels blend into the car properly (rather than stand out if the colour was black)

^^ too bad someone can't photoshop that bronze onto your ceff , imo with your car it would be 'stand out' :D

as odd as the name is, I take it you are looking at going for the "hellaflush" look? I say go a nice pearl white in that case as it will bring out the clean lines of the car, aswell as help the chrome wheels blend into the car properly (rather than stand out if the colour was black)

i allways think of hella flush as extremely low offset rims on 45 degree angles to keep them under the guards . ok my main aim that i'm piecing together in my head is of a car that kind of blends together so to speak , i don't want the car to out shine the rims but i don't want the rims to out shine the car if you understand me , by the pictures in my head it'd be easy to f**k up and make a pile of ugly which is what i don't want , honestly i think i was headed that way with my purple ceff , std bars didn't suit that at all (autech kit would save it with a set of work equips or better offset gt-c's +bulk lowness ) . mr eps is pretty much on the money what he's suggesting with the white on chrome , classy wheels make classy paint look good :O

i allways think of hella flush as extremely low offset rims on 45 degree angles to keep them under the guards

I know what you mean by that, but I think thats more JDM VIP style. Go with mr eps' idea and do the white on chrome :D

nahhhh.. thanks for the offer toffy but i had a cefiro for six years man...

my time has passed for them :P

if they were sevs compliable i would have bought a late model nice one. no doubt.

but the ones in aust are mostly shitters, and you can only import MY88 ones.. and pickings are VERY slim for them :devil:

i am one ceffy owner that won't be going back unfortunately!

but yes - it definitely needed more low... but it was a daily commuter!

EDIT:

if these were sevs compliable - i'd happily take owership of THIS CEFIRO for 460xxxyen

Edited by Mr Eps

nah real veilside Andrew evo's , ok i'll cross them off my list then?

the colour on that toysan looks alot like candy black/brown with a gold basecoat , it's a nice colour , but would look fairly average on an overcast day imo (i searched for the colour on google but couldn't find many pics) . I'm a spraypainter/panel beater by trade so i've played about with pearl a fair bit ;);) , the car is actually white with a pearl blue and mauve atm but looks pretty dirty/pearl fade

funny story , i kinda got offered a set of weds kranze lxz at the same time as i bought the kf's , only reason i bought the kf's is because they were chrome instead of silver kranze

iceekool: is that the same colour as on late model x-trails?

I don't think that pearl white is the same - the one on the x-trail looks slightly off-white.

QT1 looks like a silverish white depending on the lighting - direct sunlight it looks like the plain QM1.

Most common pearl white is QX1.

Apparently QT1 is very rare - no dealers seem to be able to get hold of it. Only places that seem to stock it is Infiniti USA.

Closest equivalent silver/peal white is on the new Toyota Klugers - however the pearl effect is not as fine as on the Nissan's. It seem's the Toyota's version seems somewhat cheap IMHO.

• 9 months later...

It's funny to read back and find this thread , even after X amount of months , i've conjured the same end result in my head , i'm not sure of the fk kit though , being daily and wanting lowness may need a comprimise , and it wont be the lowness :whistling: someone should swap me the fk (or the inspection?) kit for a good autech one . here's a pic of the std pearl white , all browned off as pearl white does when it gets old

post-20231-0-95133200-1313068697_thumb.jpg