SAU Community

Is My R32gtr Ok To Take To Dragstrip

Hi guys I'm just after some opinions on wether my gtr will handell a few launches at my local drag strip it's got standard gear underneath, a nismo twin plate clutch that got new plates about 7,000kms ago b4 I bought it so I'm not sure if it's a supercoppermix one or if there are any other kind out there the motor is pushing out about 350awkw how mutch does the standard driveline handell and will the clutch handell the launches With only road tyers thanx to all that answer my question

Well there's only one way to find out!!! H ah ah.

Prep the car well, use really good oil in your gearbox and no limmiter clutch dumping.

I got a good 12-14 passes in before 3rd gear went bang at nearly 400rwkw.

Have fun

J.

Well there's only one way to find out!!! H ah ah.

Prep the car well, use really good oil in your gearbox and no limmiter clutch dumping.

I got a good 12-14 passes in before 3rd gear went bang at nearly 400rwkw.

Have fun

J.

Thanx mate how should I use the clutch of the line,I'm not after the fastest Time but I don't want it bog down either.

the supercoppermix clutch is a good clutch

you should be ok

just depends what one you have in it

there are 2 types

one is rated for about 420ps

the other is rated at around 650ps

(from memory)

i would factor in that yourl need a few new parts after putting wear and tear on the car doing that

change the oil before you go and after would be my advice for starters

Thanx mate how should I use the clutch of the line,I'm not after the fastest Time but I don't want it bog down either.

Dial up a few rpm, hold the handbrake so you dont roll out of the staging lights, get the clutch to grab point, dial in a few more rpm 6k ish then feed out the clutch while you feed in the power as you drop the handbrake. A little slip on the line will get you out of the hole ALOT quicker.

OR limmiter bash and dump the clutch for AWD fury.... ha ha ha

Your choice.

If your going for a time, don't get to conserned about the tree, just go when you want to go. If you want to beat the v8 next to you, drop the clutch on the last red light to leave that sucker at the line.

Have fun

Justin.