SAU Community

Help me find a 4 Door GTR

Autech... expensive. I seem to recall less than 100 were made.

I do remember in an old HPI some guy took a 33 GTSt sedan and did a full GT-R conversion (yes I know, it takes all sorts).

Would you consider a 260RS Stagea wagon? Bit more realistic goal but admittedly I do not know the depths of your wallet...

T.

ppl who has them would tend to hold on to that due to its collector value. with the new compliance scheme in effect, and gt-r 4 door sedan will have to be complied as a separate model, I was told. One compliancer told me that due to the low volume and availability, he will only do it if the customer pays for all the process to gain full compliance approval (evidence pack) on the model, which is a lot more than $4000-6000 that most people pay for a compliance on an approved model already. I doubt it will involve destroying one good gt-r sedan for side impact crash as it is a variant of the 4-door model, but don't be surprise if you have to, then you'll need to buy two gt-r sedan. One to crush test (and reexport or destroyed afterwards), and the other to get the first compliance.

Cost wise? Nope. So best bet is to wait one of those believed to be 5 cars in Australia up for sale one day...

my pockets aren't deep enough for a stagea....I was just throwing aroung thoughts as 4 door aren't really looked at as cool here but I love em. Anyone who knows my old 4 door has to admit it was nice and I miss it but love my GTR so logically you can guess what I want. My GTR owes me a lot and does 12.3 but I'd swap anyday for a stock as a rock 4 door gtr

Guest darrinspencer

If you happen to find the White one that was featured in HPI, make sure you check it out throughly.

I am not one to normally bag other people's car, but I would not want you to buy something that is not so original.

I know the importer/panel beater that imported the car.

It was picked up really cheaperly at the time damaged.

The jap's did not want it.

It had hit a pole directly head on, and then the pole fell on the roof.

The car was repaired here with a new front and roof fitted approx 3 years ago.

The entire car was repainted.

I saw the car the day it came out of the shop. It looked pretty good.

The panel shop that did the work, does a really good job, so do not be totally put off by the previous damage, but least you know what to look for.

I know there is a couple.....anyone know of them. If so can I get contact details.

Make your own would be your best option i think.....Not a genuine GTR but a 4 door with GTR running gear, maybe start with a 4 door GTS4

Are you coming down for Drag Combat on Sat??

Ricknismo,

I have spent 12 months trying to find a 4 door GTR. There is only one real undamaged one (silver) that I know of and it was in Unique Auto's May '03 I think. It was sold for around $75k. There is the White rebuilt one and there is a black one I looked at last year . It is a GTs4 with vspec GTR running gear that was build by Skyline imports, it was sold for $40k october '03, the dealer was trying to tell me it was a real one (diddnt fool me, but I was very tempted) the car was sold to someone in dubbo. I have spoken to several importers and what RS73 said is correct as the car would need different compliance to a 4 door GTS or a 2D GTR as the evidence is not for a 4 door with a RB26.

I was told that the car would be about $65k + compliance, so drive away for $75k, but you would have an awsome car. I could not wait and go through the hassels, so I bought a XR6T instead.....I still want a 4 door gtr, but that will have to wait.

I can tell you where a Stagea RS260 is going for under $60k if you are interested....this is a 4 door wagon with the heart of a GTR vspec

Mal

• 2 weeks later...