SAU Community

Replacing Headlight Bulbs - R34

Bizkit

Hi guys.

Recently blew the bulb in the right-hand side headlight. I've been doing a bit of a search and people have been saying that you have to get 'D2R' headlight bulbs or something?

Can I not just buy the bulbs that they sell down at the local Supercheap or Repco?

Also getting the bulbs in.. Seems quite tricky since I can't really fit my fingers anywhere near the back of the bulb holder. What's the easiest way to replace the bulbs?

Cheers.

Remove you battery and you should have plenty of room,

did mine a couple of weeks back,

just unscrew the dust cap and sqeeze the spring clip change it and put everything back.

are you using the factory xenon plugs or normal halogen globes?

Okay after researching a bit I've realised that I can't simply replace them with halogen globes from the local auto shop. I have to get special HID Xenon bulbs. I will try Xspeed and see if they have some in stock.

Cheers.

try ebay,

i bought a HID kit for mine, both headlights for about $60, so a globe should be next to nothing,

just make sure you get the right globe.

HID globes from auto shops anre upwards from $200 depending on what type of globe

How the heck is there such a massive difference in prices for these? ZXY you said you paid $40, whilst R34Mobster paid $275 for a pair and I paid $308 for ONE! I'll wait till I get it from the shop next monday and will update you guys.

did xspeed sell it to you? If so try and take it back cause they've taken advantage of you. As others have said hop on eBay or find a trader on here you can get 2 for less than 100

Edited by gersfan

How the heck is there such a massive difference in prices for these? ZXY you said you paid $40, whilst R34Mobster paid $275 for a pair and I paid $308 for ONE! I'll wait till I get it from the shop next monday and will update you guys.

you need to do research before paying that type of money. $308 is alot of money for a bulb. If you went to dealers, i doubt it would even have been that much.

• 2 years later...

pull out one of your current bulbs and have a look. on it you should see some code/model number, and some of that should contain "D2R" if you're lucky. If so, then yeah it's the right bulb you linked on ebay. if you're not sure then chuck up a pic for us here and we can verify for you. also, i should mention that if you want to go the Japanese spec, search up garax HID on ebay, they are great bulbs.

pull out one of your current bulbs and have a look. on it you should see some code/model number, and some of that should contain "D2R" if you're lucky. If so, then yeah it's the right bulb you linked on ebay. if you're not sure then chuck up a pic for us here and we can verify for you. also, i should mention that if you want to go the Japanese spec, search up garax HID on ebay, they are great bulbs.

Ahhh, ok, well just got the car few days ago, so will defs take a pic and put it here so can verify what bulb, just gotta see how I take it out haha xD