SAU Community

Nissan Connect Cable

aardi

Hi all, I just purchased the Blatz connect cable and programs to plug my r33 into my laptop. I havn't recived it yet but i was just wondering if any had used this before and if i could do any damage to the ECU because i'm just learning and really have no experience with using this system. From what i have seen it looks like a great tool to have to find and fix faults.

as above. you can't do any damage as you can't actually change any settings on the ecu. some programs will allow you to minorly adjust the timing, etc for diagnostic tests, however the moment you shut down the program it goes back to stock.

with a stock ecu you can't adjust the timing permanently at all. the moment you close down the program or unplug the laptop the ecu goes back to the stock settings. some consult programs don't even allow you to change the timing at all.

if you are getting pinging then it will either be from the car leaning out or the timing being too advanced from CAS adjustment (nothing to do with consult)