SAU Community

Whats My Car Worth?

Crackfox

I have just quit uni and landed an awesome industrial electrician apprenticeship, starting in January. The bad news is I will have to travel 600kms per week just to get to and from work, which I don't really want to do in my skyline so I'm thinking I'll have to sell it and buy something cheaper to run. How much do you think I'll get?

Its a series 1 1993 r33 gtst, 2 tone grey, 100,400kms. I'm doing the 100,000km service tomorrow (or today, in about 4 hours)), and replaced the 2 front shock absorbers with bilsteins 3,000kms ago, the engine and gearbox are both in good nick and it has no mechanical gremlins. very little/no rust. Paint is very average, has a dent in the rear passenger quarter quoted $850 to fix, interior is good except for a cigarette burn on the drivers seat and the finish is peeling off in small spots on the drivers side plastic door handle/armrest. Its all stock except for a hks exhaust.

Or does it sound like its not worth selling? I know its reliable and problem free, but it will look like a very average and bland car to any potential buyers so it probably won't fetch much. I will be earning $700 a week, which is about $620 better than what I'm currently doing so I can afford to shell out for extra maintanence costs etc

Fix the dent (pending size?) and sell for 7-9ish?

Or, you're probably better off just using it till it dies and not bother fixing the paint as the sun will do it's bit. (A long time if all the trips are easy long distance)

You should net at least 9L/100km worst case scenario provided: no thrashing, consistent speed limit speed and it isn't running rich.O2 censor dead.

Edited by Ten Four

i agree with tenfour, change the o2 sensor and drive the skyline, they are surprisingly quite good on fuel on long trips. give it a go for a month or so, and if your not happy with it, then sell it. ;)

if your car is running good, you should get about 600ks on just over a tank on long distances

I find my car is shocking with fuel on long trips, final drive ratio means it's sitting at 3200rpm just cruising. If I do short trips I get about 500kms to a tank with a little bit of spirited acceleration every now and then. If I drive to uni (108km round trip mostly on the freeway) then I only get about 300kms to a tank with no spirited acceleration just consistent cruising speeds. O2 sensor has been changed 3 times to no effect, currently unplugged due to an unrelated issue.

Edited by Hanaldo

I find my car is shocking with fuel on long trips, final drive ratio means it's sitting at 3200rpm just cruising. If I do short trips I get about 500kms to a tank with a little bit of spirited acceleration every now and then. If I drive to uni (108km round trip mostly on the freeway) then I only get about 300kms to a tank with no spirited acceleration just consistent cruising speeds. O2 sensor has been changed 3 times to no effect, currently unplugged due to an unrelated issue.

dont really expect good fuel consumption from a skyline. 6 Cylinder turbo :D

Yeah mine is the same, albeit alot less drastic. I can get 500kms to a tank driving around town (when I fill up its usually ~52L of fuel), so close to 10L/100kms which is very reasonable for what the car is. On the open road I can't ever get better than this though, usually around 450km from a tank. Last time I drove to margaret river and back I was struggling to make 350kms between fuel stops, that was with 400kgs+ of people and luggage onboard though.