SAU Community

Converting RB20det auto to RB26dett manual

MegaGTS4

I own a GTS-4 auto and I have purchased a R32 gtr front cut.

Just wanted to Know if what mods need to be done to fit the RB26dett and manual to my car?

Has anyone done this before?

Will I need to change wiring harness?

Does the tail shaft need modifing?

etc etc

Any help on this subject would be very appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks again

MEGA :)

Thanks for your prompt replies

Now I know what I am in for (big job:( )

But the front cut should have Most of the parts that I require for the conversion? including the short clutch master cylinder?

Should I change the whole harness or can I Just use the section for the air flow meters?

cant wait to get it in!!!!!

gee I sound like a virgin :lol:

lol

MEGA

Whole harness for engine.

I had a gts-t with rb26 and it used the whole harness, even injector clips etc are different.

Yes its a reasonable job, but whith a half cut you should have all the bits really except tail shaft. Had you just bought and engine and box, even with computer and loom as you can all ready tell you would then be in the **** looking for lot of bits.

E

High Octane 3 will feature the project you are currently considering.

Basically remove your engine+drivetrain by unbolting your engine+gbox crossmembers and drop engine+drivetrain out under the car, change wiring, add all clutch pedal related and use as much parts from frontcut as possible, reverse the removal procedure to bolt up 26+gbox. GTS4 is so much easier to do 26 swap compare to GTSt..

Good idea to also change fuelpump. :)

That some handy info thx japtaxi !!!!!

Sure will change fuel pump! (might add swirlpot while Iam at it)

Is high octane 3 out now?

Can you remove the crossmembers and lower the engine-gearbox rather than lifting it out the top?(maybe for 2wd not 4wd)

Also do I need to change the wiring near the computer or maybe just modify?

Will I need to change wiring on the gear box aswell?

thanks heaps again:uh-huh:

MEGA

You'll have to check their web for more detail:

http://www.highoctane.co.nz/

Maybe try email Ketzal and ask for more detail? ;)

I think I meant to say unbolt the crossmembers and then engine/gearbox come out under the car in one go... any experienced shops would know that :D Taking engine out from the top will take ages, simply due to messy twin turbo plumbings and so on.

Since you are changing from auto to manual gbox, you only need to hook up speedo and reverse to the main gearbox. You will need to consult other ppl worked on GTR to see about the wirings for transfer case etc... (I only have R33 RWD gbox so don't know much :) )

Probably safe to change all the wirings at ecu side as well? (save the headache from time consuming process to modify) there are ecu pins used by 26 but not used by 20. (2 AFMs signals for examples...)

Make sure you take plenty of pics through out the process and post them on web somewhere.