SAU Community

Im Importing V35 350 Gt And Have Some Questions

jay_song

I am importing Nissan V35 350GT through Edward Lee.

I haven't got the car yet (it is being shipped at the momnet).

I deposited $1000 and have to pay the rest when I pick up the car.

I have a few questions just to make sure that I am having a good deal with the company.

What I asked for them to find is a black Nissan V35 350GT Premium with no modification at all and they said they found one.

The price is $27500 and it's 2003 model.

<<this is the link for the car that I am buying.

So here comes the questions.

1. Is the price too expensive?

What I and the company agreed are the followings

- 1year of rego

- 3year of warrenty

The reason I am importing the car is that it was really difficult to find the black premium mode in the market.

2. I read all the posts about 'how to see if the cars is premium or not. Since I haven't seen the car with my own eyes yet.

Can anyone tell me if the car is premium just by looking at the video and photos?

post-79066-0-77770700-1292321452_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-64036100-1292321466_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-73126600-1292321484_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-02925300-1292321495_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-23150900-1292321510_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-05487500-1292321524_thumb.jpg

post-79066-0-01680500-1292321545_thumb.jpg

Ye premium mate. You can tell via the volume controls on the steering wheel. and the Bose sound system. As for the price you are paying an alright price. It is a bit expensive but with the 3 years warranty and premium pack i guess paying an extra couple grand for peace of mind than buying it privately in Australia. I hope the importer is complying it for you as well. Also how many km's has it done. I know this is redundant as all imports have their KM's wound back before they ship them here but by looking at the quality and wear and tear of the seats it looks like its done 50k+.

All in all you are paying an alright price, you arent getting ripped off, but with the 1 year rego u will still need to pay stamp duty and depending on your age u will spend an extra 1500-2500 on insurance.

Ye premium mate. You can tell via the volume controls on the steering wheel. and the Bose sound system. As for the price you are paying an alright price. It is a bit expensive but with the 3 years warranty and premium pack i guess paying an extra couple grand for peace of mind than buying it privately in Australia. I hope the importer is complying it for you as well. Also how many km's has it done. I know this is redundant as all imports have their KM's wound back before they ship them here but by looking at the quality and wear and tear of the seats it looks like its done 50k+.

All in all you are paying an alright price, you arent getting ripped off, but with the 1 year rego u will still need to pay stamp duty and depending on your age u will spend an extra 1500-2500 on insurance.

They say it's 28000km and they will do the compliance and everything else(it's all included in the price $27500)

They say it's 28000km and they will do the compliance and everything else(it's all included in the price $27500)

Exactly the same as me except i got it for 26k ;) originally 28k. ye my KM's were the same 26,000, but after driving for about 5000km i can tell it has done a bit more. When you get it open the glove box and there will be a sticker that would have been placed when the car under went a service in japan. Usually it ranges from 16,000km - 60,000, this sticker could give you an indication of the true km's on the car. But non the less the car is faucking awesome and you will always get the occasional stare with the look on peoples faces wondering what car it is.

But im telling you right now 28k km's is false. + I would recommend getting the car serviced at another mechanic so they can do a thorough check as if a major part is wearing its not in your dealers interest to inform you as they will have to pay under the warranty.

*** o yea i forgot like the above mentioned. It is black so i think you got a very good deal on it as it usually 2-3k more expensive than the normal 350gt***

Edited by jawrgy

Black is usually more expensive. So that price is about right. However, doesn't premium come in 18 inch wheels only? This has 17 inch wheels.

I noticed that too but after some research I realized that premium can have 17 inch wheels.

have you got a copy of the auction sheet? you should have. if so post it up. someone can even look up the price they paid for it at auction if you really want to know. my advice though since you've already agreed to buy it is just accept that it is what it is and move on. :) too late to start worrying about price and condition and kms now mate. you're supposed to do that BEFORE you buy the car....

^^^^Richard here has hit the nail on the head, put the ball in the cup, driven the car across the finish line, shut the file, closed the case, grown the moustache AND gotten away with EVERYONE'S girlfriend(s)

from what i can gather - you could have saved money by just "doing it yourself" but - these guys do it for you. it's THERE. you just have to sit in your comfy chair and maybe think of eating a banana because i dunno maybe you're on a health kick and that almond magnum that's in the freezer is just gonna go straight to your hips.

but also consider - black cars cost more in japan. as do "premium" packs... soooooo... yeah you paid MORE than you would say - a silver base model, butttttttttttt you have edward lee's stamp of approval and FULL aftermarket support :)

i know i'm simply regurgititating what others have said - but man... cmon... 28thou??? REALLY?

it's a 7 year old car.

that's 4 thousand km a year.

really? =)

either way - you're still going to get a car that you're going to love for three weeks and then (hopefully) get bored and put a supercharger on it ;)

Why the heck did you use Edward Lees?!

You're a member on this forum dude, why not use the experience and reliabilities of Iron Chef, J-Spec, Nagoya etc? Im not slandering anyone but quick googles will bring up some nice info regarding these guys and some practices they may/may not be involved in :whistling:

**My apologies, you only joined yesterday so would not have been aware**

Edited by TUFF_350

have you got a copy of the auction sheet? you should have. if so post it up. someone can even look up the price they paid for it at auction if you really want to know. my advice though since you've already agreed to buy it is just accept that it is what it is and move on. :) too late to start worrying about price and condition and kms now mate. you're supposed to do that BEFORE you buy the car....

I can still get the deposit back and don't buy the car. That's the deal.

And remove the free publicity for these top brokers lol nah!

27,500 Is too much. If you where to put it on the market again right after purchasing I think you would be hard pressed to get 25,000 for it.

Sounds quite expensive and I agree with the above posts. Be careful who you deal with I havent heard the greatest things about them whistling.gif

27,500 Is too much. If you where to put it on the market again right after purchasing I think you would be hard pressed to get 25,000 for it.

Sounds quite expensive and I agree with the above posts. Be careful who you deal with I havent heard the greatest things about them whistling.gif

After reading a few posts here, I have decided to switch to j-spec to import the car.

Are they really good ?

WTH...

im confused - your orig post implied that you HAVE bought the car. and that you already have it on the way here - if they've already gone that far for it - why are you trying to change brokers???

ie: aren't you kind of locked into a contract and apid a deposit to edward lee's??? at this stage of the game you're going to get the same car no matter what... why are you trying to switch brokers/

I am importing Nissan V35 350GT through Edward Lee.

I haven't got the car yet (it is being shipped at the momnet).

I deposited $1000 and have to pay the rest when I pick up the car.

I have a few questions just to make sure that I am having a good deal with the company.

What I asked for them to find is a black Nissan V35 350GT Premium with no modification at all and they said they found one.

The price is $27500 and it's 2003 model.

<<this is the link for the car that I am buying.

So here comes the questions.

1. Is the price too expensive?

What I and the company agreed are the followings

- 1year of rego

- 3year of warrenty

The reason I am importing the car is that it was really difficult to find the black premium mode in the market.

2. I read all the posts about 'how to see if the cars is premium or not. Since I haven't seen the car with my own eyes yet.

Can anyone tell me if the car is premium just by looking at the video and photos?

Yup, I agree with you. Black colour is rare. Here in WA, I have only seen 1 black V35 coupe on the road and that is my friend.

Edited by Victor.T

ie: aren't you kind of locked into a contract and apid a deposit to edward lee's??? at this stage of the game you're going to get the same car no matter what... why are you trying to switch brokers/

It was our agreement that I could get my deposit back. More than that I was just informed that the ship was delayed for another 2 weeks.

Originally, I was supposed to have the car by now but they kept saying that something happened and blah blah.