SAU Community

Help Please, Buying A R32 Gtr

R32GTRMAN

Hi All,

I am finally ready to buy my dream car, the R32 GTR. I have been investigating the RB26 and have found quite a bit of negative feedback regarding oil pumps and big end bearings. It is making me second think purchasing this beautiful car.

I was hoping to get some advice from GTR owners in regards to the extent of this issue, buying a quality R32 GTR and steps to preventing engine failures occurring , long term.

I'm new to this forum, so I apologies if this topic has already been covered and would appreciate a link.

Kind regards

It depends on how it was treated before.

Even the R33 or R34 GT-R can have the oil pump blow.

I'd just upgrade the brakes if there are no Brembos on it (- and the later models have).

Jap Link has a very good one coming in January (-recommended over the one they have in the yard ATM).

I am not an owner yet 9 car arrived in Aus on friday) but don't let the engine problems bug you too much. All depends on what you want if you want something with a modded engine or standard. If you do go for a modded engine make sure that they have been done right using good parts and a mechanic who know his GTR. Every GTR will have been flogged at least once in its life. Try to find 1 that has had the bottom end freshed up, bottom end bearing ect. If your worried about the oil starvation i am pretty sure it was fixed in 92 but i know some people on here put an extra half litre of oil in juist to be safe. Best way to prevent engine failure is to take great care of it to make sure it is running in top shape. Use good quality oils and coolant. Also find one without the ceramic exhaust wheels in the turbos it chasing more power as they tend to fail due to the age and tend to shear off when asked to provide anything about 1.0 bar of boost.

Hope any of that helps