SAU Community

Atr43 G3

Kenna802

HI all,

If anyone is interested ill post my pics for the install of an atr43g3 turbo from a factory standard install. First things first remove the old turbo. easy as except removing the water lines ( it does take a bit of force) and also move your power steering out the way.

I already had the turbo out before i took the pic's sorry :)

All i did was unbolt the airbox piping and airbox and cooling pipes going to the turbo and plenum and than unbolt the 6 bolt flange. This all in all didn't take too long.

After that remove the oil lines and water lines on the turbo ( u will need a bit of force for the water lines) also slide the powersteering bottle off the bracket and just move it away for the time being.

I had to get some longer exhaust flange nuts because of the spacer. ( you will need an extra gasket for this as well ) I also did a trial fit and had to knock out the tower slightly in order for it to fit.

No heres the tricky part i want to retain most of my existing set up so i am getting bits made up to look stock as possible. I can use half of the original intake pipe but i will have a 3 inch ali piping going up into it so it will not suck shut. You will need a 4inch to 3 inch silicon converter, and some 3 inch piping ( which will be getting ali welded to fit the plumb back pipe and hose going to the catch can. This is currently getting being made and will post more once parts have arrived.

nice man, i bought a atr43g3... im thinking of DIY as well to save some $$$..anyone know if i can i do this and get a tune after installation of turbo? like is it safe to drive the car normal just till i get a tune?

it's safe to drive the car with that turbo provided you run low boost and don't floor it too much. tune wise on the stock ecu it will be safe but it would just be getting close to hitting the airflow protection, which would just making it annoying to drive. if you already have an aftermarket ecu with a tune on it then the same would apply (low boost and don't give it the beans much) but you lose the added safety of built in overboost protection.

but to simply bolt the turbo on and drive to the tuner would be fine as long as you take it easy.

Nice i have an emanage ult installed in the car running a z32 afm i have also just upgraded the injectors but i have not included any pics as im trying to forget the experience :)

I will be bringing the car over to gympie to get it tuned rain is slowing my progess but dump pipe is now bolted on

you taking it to gary to get tuned?

ahahaha, yeah injectors are a pain to change, especially if you don't remove the plenum (found that one out the hard way).

yeah the rain is a bit of a pain at the moment. if this rain that is predicted over the next few days actually does happen then you may find you aren't able to get here, as well as gary's workshop having a few feet of the river in it, LOL. very high chance of it flooding if we get a few days of decent rain.

OK update,

water feeds are now on as well as oil feeds. I spent about 9 hours trying to get standard water feeds to line up with NO success . I had to cut them and put piping in in order for them to bolt on.

Just found another set back turns out the 4-3 inch pipe has not been sent even though i payed for it on saturday. Turns out the supplier had not recieved the email from paypal. Looks like this puppy wont be ready for xmas excuse me while i scream....

All in all i wouldnt recommend doing it urself unless u had some one to help because i did most of the work by myself and things can get very difficult. overall if u have some mech experience ( unlike me ) u will be fine it just took me about 10 times as long :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...