SAU Community

Tein Ss Coilovers

The usual story it seems, R34 GTR straight from Japan with Tein coilovers that are too stiff and harsh for our dodgy roads, from what I have been reading the easiest solution is a new set of coilovers with softer springs. The Tein super street Aus spec ones seem to be whats needed but I can't find who sells the Aus spec ones, so could someone point me in the right direction please.

Also would there be any point in trying to sell the stiff Teins for parts etc as they seem to work very well on the good sections of roads except for the left rear one having a squeak whenever the car hits a bump.

Found a set of Tein super street coilovers, bought locally but was very tempted to get them from the UK off Ebay. $1032.23 plus postage if you use your old tops, or buy a set of tops for $100 locally.

If the price was just under $1000 I would have got them but didn't want the potential problems of GST Tax etc for being just over the limit.

Edited by thatlbeme

Fulcrum suspension are the only approved distributor for Tein in Australia. They did all the development of the aus spec versions of the super streets.

What type of Tein's are on there at the moment? If they are circuit master RA/RS/RE then you can get them set up for local street conditions.

The only sticker I can see is on one of the rears and I couldn't find any info about them. It says "SPORT SPEC, DRIVING MASTER, type HA"

They must have very good roads in Japan as they are very firm springs.

Do you know if the HA's are monotube or twin tube design? Twin tube will taper at the bottom of the shock body where monotube wont - mono is what you want. The SS are an older twin tube design. Might be worth giving Fulcrum in QLD a quick shout and see if it is worth having your HA's revalved with some softer springs.

How much are you willing to spend?

If I am looking at it right they appear to be monotube, that would be great news if the HA coilovers were able to be revalved. Probably be able to put them on Ebay and sell them "as is" with needing to be revalved.

Its a shame I already ordered the super street ones as rebuilding these would have probably saved me money.