SAU Community

Gtr Problems

hey boys need abit of help my r32 gtr (running 12pound boost pretty stock with pods and an exhaust) when it hits hgiher boost and higher lvl of rpm as in about 4500rpm the revs start to break up and the car has no power. only started yesterday morning and has been doin it ever since. people ive spoken too reckon it could be an electrical problem with the air flow meters??

any advice/oppinions are appreciated :)

Thanks, Chris

Gday mate,

Common problem that is usually coil packs or even the ignition amplifier, especially if they are still the original stock R32 GTR items. Mine had the exact same problem as did a mates.

I've even had an AFM problem however that went into a limp mode and limited the revs to around 2800rpm.

Hope this helps mate

If it is just one coilpack then you would be better to replace the whole set as they are all the same age and if one goes then there would be a high likelihood that the others would go too. It is difficult to isolate coilpacks because disconnecting individual coils may show no difference over 4500rpm but it will create a miss in the whole rev range, just confusing the whole situation, lol.

Your best bet would be to find someone else with a GTR and to do some part swapping to isolate the various ignition system components.

Dont forget to check the spark plugs. However, if it is the coils you may be able to repair them with silicon or tape for a short term cheap fix. Check out the DIY section to find the article.

thanks mate i just took it for a drive and noticed that it doesnt do it when the clutch is engaged or it is out of gear??

yeah that would be right as the engine is under no load whilst out of gear, over 4500rpm and the the engine is under a decent amount of load