SAU Community

Rb25De Fuel Consumption?

hey guys :)

I got my non turbo r33 recently (downgraded from gtst for my P plates :() and my mums been complaining about the fuel and that its not much different to the GTST...

After filling in 50$ which iwas 38 L to get to the bottom empty Line it took approx 250kms..

thats only 6.6kms a L, and this is with normal driving, although really occasional accelerations.

ive been hearing numbers like 9kms so i was wondering if it could possibily be an issue with the car?

thanks in advance

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got better fuel consumption when my car was converted to turbo with all the factory turbo bits then I did when it was n/a... motor doesn't have the turbo helping it get up to speed/under load etc...

should be 300-400 a tank... do a full tank on 98, not 95 or 91, that will make a difference too...

98 will help it mate. put a filter in it new sparkes and get the o2 sensor changed should help her out a bit with fuel for some strange reason i managed an 174kms a quarter the other day with the a/c on with a 26 highway after i changed to splitfire coilpacks and new plugs :) i was dam happy and now i am getting 140ish round town driving :)

You should be getting at least 500kms a tank when driving (including stop and go, freeway, and flooring)

This.

Out of a complete tank I'd get 520+.

Out of general just filling up, I'd fill up every 480km.

R34 25DE NEO, auto, using BP ultimate

Results are from ECUTalk unit installed in the car.

Freeway/Highway = 9L/100km (best 8.5L/100km, worst 11L/100km)

Mixed (normal day-to-day) = 12L/100km (best 10L/100km, worst 13L/100km)

Heavy traffic = 13.5L/100km (best 12L/100km, worst 16L/100km)

I got better fuel consumption when my car was converted to turbo with all the factory turbo bits then I did when it was n/a...

Ditto, heaps better - halved the revs and just rode the boost torque :P.

I'd be checking/replacing your O2 sensor as a minimum, then get an SAFC and get it tuned to like 13:1 low throttle (<~40%), 12.5:1 heavy throttle and run 98ron (but even tuned to 12 will be huge improvement if your shy). Find a tuner that will do it, I used to run 12.5:1 fuel mixtures on an N/A+T, those on an N/A should handle it fine.

To move an N/A skyline anywhere above walking pace will load up the engine enough to push it out of closed loop, which means 11 down to 10:1 fuel mixtures (I had/have an afr gauge, its disgusting to watch) so a tune will give about 15-20% better city economy. Then there's highway/cruise (when your maintaining speed), with a functioning O2 sensor your mixtures ramble between 14:1 & 15:1 but without it the best you'll see is 12's. With mine unplugged it pretty much just sits in the 10's and 11's, even at idle...

Those things, bit of a $ outlay but totally worth it :P (and you'll pickup smoother delivery and some torque down low and at part throttle).

As for legalities for P Platers, just don’t have it on display...

I found my A/C is sucking some major fuel usage, when it was broken (& hence never used, just windows down + a cigarette lighter powered fan :laugh:) I get over 450km per tank (~13L/100km), but now I have got it fixed (replaced A/C compressor & receiver dryer) I'm struggling to get even 400km per tank.

I lol hard at you guys. My beamer is a 2.5L inline 6 and, with a 60L fuel tank, and i average 600+kms per tank in city driving. Highway driving i average around 850-900kms.

And my car would whoop a non-turbo skyline. In every aspect. End of story.

I lol hard at you guys. My beamer is a 2.5L inline 6 and, with a 60L fuel tank, and i average 600+kms per tank in city driving. Highway driving i average around 850-900kms.

What happened to the 34/33 GTR Jason??

Gotta say I agree with all the guys here that have got better efficiency after going turbo. I used to get about 300-350kms to a full tank when my car was NA, but now I have the new engine in with 300rwhp and a shocking tune I am still getting 400-450kms a tank. Hitting boost frequently as well... It does struggle with hwy kms though, I get 450 driving around town but only about 350-380 cruising on the freeway. Damn diff ratio :(

I love teh beemers.

Mums got a E39 528i and best I've got out of it on the freeway was 6.2L/100km with AC ON! Has 70L tank, thereotical 1130kms :worship: .

If I ever need a long distance car...