SAU Community

Service Fluilds

Ezy03

Just asking what everyone uses for fluids for the following;

Brake fluid

Coolant/radiator

Power steering

Transmission

Does anyone use anything other than oem/Nissan fluids? eg royal purple transmission fluid etc

Is it wise / good to use branded fluids such as RP for these?

Any benefits or cons to using fluids other than Nissan oem fluids?

I might need to change some of mine (apparently needs to be done at 60k kms) according to the manual I have.

Edited by ezy03

checkout this write-up that Nate did (should really be a sticky by now..) It's quite helpful:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/346667-servicing-your-v35-list-of-whats-needed/page__p__5580718__hl__servicing__fromsearch__1#entry5580718

On a side note I've tried a couple of brake fluid brands and found Motul Dot 5.1 to be the best (done occasional track work here n there) - AP Racing isn't bad either. For your AT fluid use Nissan Matic J ATF.

i guess ill be using Nissan Matic J for the transmission

any recommendation or favorites that you guys use for those (Brake fluid Coolant/radiator Power steering + diff oil, i forgot to mention that above).

i guess ill be using Nissan Matic J for the transmission

any recommendation or favorites that you guys use for those (Brake fluid Coolant/radiator Power steering + diff oil, i forgot to mention that above).

If you have 5AT then use nissan oil but for the trans but for everything else see my post that diabolique nicely posted.

guys is the 4quarts for the auto fluid just for a drain and refill or full flush? - which is best to do? im getting mixed answers here and there apparenty the 4quarts is for a quick drain and refill (can someone confirm that for me) and 16quarts for full flush (again someone confirm or correct it). my car is at 60k kms atm. semi-auto 03 coupe.

Nissan dealer that has parts store, got mine at Liverpool 5 ltr for 80 bucks. On g35parts they sell it for $9.99usd per quart but I dunno about shipping. Also im only going to do 5 ltrs cuz I think that's all that's needed at this service (going off the service post and a kit that riversideinfiniti is selling)

Thanks mate

Nissan dealer that has parts store, got mine at Liverpool 5 ltr for 80 bucks. On g35parts they sell it for $9.99usd per quart but I dunno about shipping. Also im only going to do 5 ltrs cuz I think that's all that's needed at this service (going off the service post and a kit that riversideinfiniti is selling)