SAU Community

R34 Skyline Gtr Vspec

HKS26T

The original plastic works awesome as it positions itself under it.

Its just when we put the GPS on it open it up slighty therefore flapped

This has now been fixed :P

Very stocked :)

PWOAH!!!!! what a beast man!

i noticed i havent made up any brackets for the door windows.. are they flapping around or u rekon they are fine?

congrats brother! im sure ur stocked with it all!

It was an absolute privilege to be able to have a drive of this car on its first shakedown after its comprehensive mods. I was amazed at how well the car performed straight out of the box. Cant wait to see the full potential of it, and get my bum in it again :3some:

It was an absolute privilege to be able to have a drive of this car on its first shakedown after its comprehensive mods. I was amazed at how well the car performed straight out of the box. Cant wait to see the full potential of it, and get my bum in it again :3some:

Thanks for the input! Been pumping in some massive hours over the last week to get the car ready for testing tomorrow.

post-31999-0-77458400-1381263411_thumb.jpgpost-31999-0-30451900-1381263438_thumb.jpgpost-31999-0-30822600-1381263462_thumb.jpg

post-31999-0-92449300-1381264111_thumb.jpg

Absolutely blown away by the efforts of Powertune giving me full commitment to make sure the car is ready for my WTAC schedule. On its first outing without aero, as Boz can testify, the car has genuine pace. Buts lacks some front grip. Topstage has provided some dry carbon goodness :cheers:

Front splitter, skirts and rear oem diffuser And bonnet vents are on! Car will be going on Dyno today as well to play around with boost :P

Arriving at wakies 430am for 830am start was shit but needed to be done.

In hindsight we were chasing a boost issue, thinking it was the controllers fault to find out yesterday it is the wastegate argghhhhh

fitting the front splitter as well affected the cars ability to turn at full lock..., probably be okay on a stock car, but it was fouling at 12am as we were driving the car onto the trailer arggghhhh

Anyhow, Bozzo's Trackschool days are always helpful. The driver trainers on standby can always give you tips on how to improve your driving. I'm very happy as I shaved a full second off my pb after a year of not driving here.

Unfortunately we had a gearbox failure. 3rd and 4th gear need replacing. Award diff and gearboxes are always so helpful and know there shit! The limiting factor will be holinger getting the parts out in time.

Powertune Australia however has moved mountains to ensure this car makes it to WTAC 2013. I can't fault the level of detail, commitment and professionalism the team has displayed in the last few weeks prepping the car. Big thank you!

Data logging checked ..... unfortunately the power was turned down instead of up 18psi 370kw's for Bozzo's session ... sorry lol so some unfinished business at wakies! Sub 60s maybe? :P

*Swoon. Mind sharing what you have done in terms of the crankcase/breathing setup?

I now run a dry sump as I couldn't figure out the wet system. Pressure would drop under hard breaking was the biggest problem after doing all the common mods

:cheers:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, where do I start... box was pulled out the next day.... Award diff and gears (Trish, Terry and Mitch are champions btw) inspected the box and reported back to me at lunch time. I needed to order multiple gears and also a twisted input shaft :(

post-31999-0-48740700-1383129572_thumb.jpg

TNT are fcked btw.. I had arranged for express URGENT delivery before 9am next business day... it arrived at 12pm

I paid a extra $200 for dix!

Award still finished the box for me by this evening so I could make it out for testing at SMSP ARDC Wednesday, week of WTAC 2013

Thanks to Samantha Stevens for pulling out and letting me use this test session to sort out the car.............I broke the holinger again!!

post-31999-0-84267300-1383130053_thumb.jpeg

Car before it left for wakies at 2am in the morning.

post-31999-0-39737300-1383130109_thumb.jpeg

Car on dyno before it left for wakefield park

Box started to get tight towards the end of the test session :(

Decision was made to pull the box out and Terry from Award wanted to inspect the box immediately

A problem, that Terry has never seen before in his 20 years of dealing with Holinger was apparent.

Either way, It is now Thurs..... the morning of official practice at WTAC....i'm anxiously waiting as I

waited for Holinger to get back to me, firstly; with respect to parts being available and then sending it urgently.

I started to get the shits and made my way to the airport as the afternoon was fast approaching... courier

companies could only deliver the parts next business day. I was also on the phone with Holinger (who was

setting up a trade stand at WTAC) to see how I could source parts immediatly...... as I was on the M5 and about

20mins away from the airport. Holinger was willing to meet me at the airport after some heated discussions!

'