SAU Community

My Dyno Run

Ninja gts25t

Are you serious Brah?

That's about as ambiguous as asking how long is a piece of string... Lol, how do you expect us to know how your car's running if you havnt told us anything about it? Haha

Turbo? Exhaust? Intercooler? Engine management? Any other mods?

13psi and only, 240hp, I'd say there's something wrong, or your car is bog stock.

Its Ovaboost - dyno reads rediculously low. My RB30DET made 320rwhp on that dyno @ 17psi (big auto), but still managed to run an 11.7 with a 2.2 60 foot time. I wouldnt be too worried about the number (assuming its a relatively stock motor). Mick is an awesome tuner.

if their dyno does read low then that sounds about right man.

now im on 275rwhp at autoworx on 12 -> 10 psi (12 then drops to 10), stock turbo/ injectors, fmic, full turbo-back exhaust, pod filter, vi-pec v44, walbro fuel pump.

i still gotta get rid of that gts25-t sticker on the back, to release an extra 10rwhp..

I'm pushing 260 ish rwhp in my 350zee

and my old r33 skyline r33 made 278rwhp at 13psi with just a 3 1/2 cat back and intercooler

but the standard 7psi sounds pretty good!

not bad for a 3.5na

mods ?

240-280rwhp is pretty good for a std turbo stock ecu car with the usual bolt on mods

Its Ovaboost - dyno reads rediculously low. My RB30DET made 320rwhp on that dyno @ 17psi (big auto), but still managed to run an 11.7 with a 2.2 60 foot time. I wouldnt be too worried about the number (assuming its a relatively stock motor). Mick is an awesome tuner.

ok so does that mean i should go somewhere else to get another run?

Means you shouldn't read too much into it, the number is just a number. My car has been on 4 different dynos and gotten hugely different numbers every time. It's a tool for tuning, for comparative purposes they are inaccurate at best.

Means you shouldn't read too much into it, the number is just a number. My car has been on 4 different dynos and gotten hugely different numbers every time. It's a tool for tuning, for comparative purposes they are inaccurate at best.

Cough 200rwhp RB25DE

:rofl:

Dont get too carried away with a dyno number leave that for the big block boys who can't turn corners...

you can have 1000hp if you like, just to say how 'cool' you are but end of the day i bet on a street road to 100km/h a 300hp car would chomp it due to getting the power down and response of the engine....

the dyno is a rolling road for tunning and no more than that

ovaboost are great tuners, and they themselves told me last week when i went to check on my cars progress that their dyno is known as a 'lowish reading' dyno.

i've got a great idea for u tho, if u want to pull all the 14yo chicks with ur hectic stock skyline, go find yourself a place that uses a dyna pack.

it sure helps all the dumbass's in NZ pull 1000rwhp from a turbo rated at 700hp

Dumbass' in NZ? Haha, in six years in WA I have seen more idiots on the road, more accidents, more prangs, more wrecks and cars dumped on the road than 19 years of living in NZ. Mind you, the Import seen is alot larger in NZ, so maybe it's a numbers game?