SAU Community

Sub Enclosure

Simonster

Hi,

Searched for a while, didn't get anything i was after.

Just wondering if Brisbane guys could point me in the direction of some sub builders. I've recently purchased a complete system, but need someone to build a sub enclosure to fit in the boot of my 32GTR, i'll also be needing someone to install the system as well as i'd prefer it to be professionally done.

Any help is appreciated.

I work west of Brissy near Ipswich but it doesn't need to be near there.

Thanks

Simon

bugga, can't recomend anyone else, bee'n 900K away and hav'n a habit of not recomending anyone I couldn't learn from, I'm out

Someone in brizzy gata have had a box build latley!! ......bump

bundy

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from seductive.sounds on ebay. There pretty good quality and mine fits really well.

Seductive.Sounds Ebay Link

The R32 sub is not listed on there but the R33 one wasnt listed and I just messaged him and he said that he could make it, Think he has alot of unlisted boxes he can make, might be worth a try anyway... Shipping on it wasnt that expensive

I got mine from seductive.sounds on ebay. There pretty good quality and mine fits really well.

Seductive.Sounds Ebay Link

The R32 sub is not listed on there but the R33 one wasnt listed and I just messaged him and he said that he could make it, Think he has alot of unlisted boxes he can make, might be worth a try anyway... Shipping on it wasnt that expensive

Generic box = generic sound

Meh, I wasnt after quality, It was only to free up some room in my boot. I dont pump bass really loudly, just have it setup for decent sound

Just threw it out there :)

Yeah if your just making a plain box definately give it a go at making it yourself if you have the tools. Should only cost you around $30-$40 for the supplies, little bit more for some carpet. If your not happy with it you can try again or get a pro to do it :P

I used this site to get the measurements for my enclosure and it sounded good to me and I eventually sold it to another person and they though it was a box bought from a store :)

Good for L ported designs.

http://www.reaudio.c...t_Box_Calc.html

Edited by S4LVA

Hey Mate

If ya gona build your own start by contacting the manafacturer of the sub, and getting the 'recomended' Enclosure specs, depending on the sub youll get specs for sealed &/or ported &/or x order bandpass's.

These realy are the best box for the sub (the Manaf have a huge R&D budget and know the sub betta than anyone).

If your into soundsystems and know what Exactly what sound your after then use the 'recomended' as a starting point.

as for the link above, those box specs ARE TO SUIT REAUDIO SUBS, if you have another brand these specs are useless. you'll need the Theil/Small peramaters of the sub, before you can start to design a custom box (not 4 the faint hearted).

Best and easiest way, call the manafacturer, get their sujested box sizes. If you want loud bass build a ported box, if ya want good sounding bass build a sealed box. Given you said you wanted to free up boot space I'd sujest the ported box cause their usually smaller.