SAU Community

Cams Help

Kenna802

Hi ive stuffed my engine and gettingi it rebuilt. Am using metal head gasket , forged pistons, 660 injectors, fuel reg bigger turbo that starts making 0 psi at about 3 and full boost by about 4000 rpm. I am also getting new valve springs, cam gears etc. I am also planning on using a stallie for my car that locks at about 2800rpm. and was wondering could i get a lower rpm stallie and better set of cams to give me a bit more mid range torque? if so what type? I have looked at the tomei but they dont seem to suit my needs any ideas thanks ?

by the way im aiming at about 280-300 kilowatts at the wheels. this turbo can get that at around 18 psi

What turbo?

Honestly, stock cams are the best for your setup if you want response and mid-low end etc.

you'll get far more gain spending the cams money on beefing up the auto/shift speeds and so on.

Its a hypergear atr43g3 turbo and i am thinking of getting a stage 2 shift kit for it as well. Thanks for the input after looking on the net and around i think stock cams may be the best idea.

just by reading the forums regularly, people steer clear of using aftermarket cams for the rb25det, the cost benefit ratio isn't good enough, stock cams are seem perfect for a street car/occasional track, people have easily got upward of 300rwkws on stock cams.

unless you want you car lumpy at idle with less low down torq :S

And good luck getting 300kw through a stock auto with just a hi stall (sounds more like a more-stall to me though). If you are seriously aiming for that sort of power (which I doubt it will make through an auto) you'll need a built box! Look into KEAS gear - or even MV autos in SA.

just by reading the forums regularly, people steer clear of using aftermarket cams for the rb25det, the cost benefit ratio isn't good enough, stock cams are seem perfect for a street car/occasional track, people have easily got upward of 300rwkws on stock cams.

unless you want you car lumpy at idle with less low down torq :S

Lumpy idle and low down torque lover signing in (260's :) )

IF you are deadset on getting cams, I wouldn't want to go further than drop in 256's.

Edited by r33cruiser

by the way im aiming at about 280-300 kilowatts at the wheels. this turbo can get that at around 18 psi

not through an auto it wont, and even with a manual box you will be needing a fair whack more than 18psi

not through an auto it wont, and even with a manual box you will be needing a fair whack more than 18psi

Obviously this is depending on dyno and conditions, but keep in mind that assuming what I have is actually a g3 and not a g2 (performs like a g3 but I swear I ordered g2, not like it matters...), then he should see 300rwkw with 20psi max. On ESP's dyno I made 294.4rwkw on 15.9psi so 18psi same conditions would easily net me 300rwkw on their dyno.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a happy reading dyno, but I'm fairly sure that it reads almost the same as Autotech as well as Ultimate Tunes.

Obviously this is different given he wants to make it through an auto. Might as well go with a 3076r or 3082r

Looking into hyper gear threads this power is achievable with the turbo that i have mentioned at that boost. Also i did mention using a built auto ( shift kit ) etc with the stall etc. so anyone commenting please read the whole thread :)

Looking into hyper gear threads this power is achievable with the turbo that i have mentioned at that boost. Also i did mention using a built auto ( shift kit ) etc with the stall etc. so anyone commenting please read the whole thread :)

We did read your thread - a shift kit and a stall is not a built auto. Its an auto with a shift kit and a stall. Good luck making 300rwkw with your stock auto.