SAU Community

Trade In Price

Ezy03

Hey guys I'm asking what the trade in price for my v35 coupe would be, its getting hard to sell it with some time wasters and low ballers out there so I'm thinking of trading it in + cash for 2 cars (obviously of lower value to the v). So yeah if any one could tell me what region I would be looking at (and yeah I know trade in price is lower than private asking price).

Thanks

and i really havent had any geniune interests. is it my car or just market ? i dunno :S

its alteast got 5k worth of extras, stock everything, and standard ones are going for around the same price so im wondering whats wrong, hard time selling it hence asking the trade in price (or approx)

Edited by ezy03

and i really havent had any geniune interests. is it my car or just market ? i dunno :S

its alteast got 5k worth of extras, stock everything, and standard ones are going for around the same price so im wondering whats wrong, hard time selling it hence asking the trade in price (or approx)

Are you in a hurry to sell it, Edi? If not, just be patience, and hold onto your price. When the right buyer comes along and sees your car in pristine condition with extras, he will know what a good car to miss out on.

Good luck with it.

Edited by Victor.T

sort of in a hurry cuz i need two cars atm, trying to sell the v and put cash towards getting two good cars instead of keeping the v and getting a crummy second car.

thing is i havent even had one person contact me to come see the car or anything.

sort of in a hurry cuz i need two cars atm, trying to sell the v and put cash towards getting two good cars instead of keeping the v and getting a crummy second car.

thing is i havent even had one person contact me to come see the car or anything.

Mate, im on the same boat. Still trying to sell the V.

Nothing wrong with the car.

Have you noticed how many V35s are for sale on carsales.com???

unbelievable!

GOOD LUCK with the sale

Well, in that case, you can try to do more advertising of your car (papers, forums, websites).

Good luck.

Mate, im on the same boat. Still trying to sell the V.

Nothing wrong with the car.

Have you noticed how many V35s are for sale on carsales.com???

unbelievable!

GOOD LUCK with the sale

I do agree they are hard for resale purposes (Not much fan base yet).

Edited by Victor.T

considering i was offered a sedan for $5k and the market is flooded with the things - it doesnt surprise me a bit that they are hard to sell. there was a flood of them coming in around late 07/08 and most people ahve decided to move on and sell

my 2 c.

considering i was offered a sedan for $5k and the market is flooded with the things - it doesnt surprise me a bit that they are hard to sell. there was a flood of them coming in around late 07/08 and most people ahve decided to move on and sell

my 2 c.

A sedan for $5K???????????????????? Where???????? Point me to it!! :)

to be honest mate the going price at the moment for an average to nice 03 model auto is around $22K mark. yes yours has a couple of bits on it but they don't really add to the price. all they do is make it easier to sell at $22K vs one next to it without those bits. trade in at a car dealer you are most likely looking at around $18K-$20K. sad but that is what they are worth now. makes them a good value buyers car.

the simple fact is that they are just not in high demand and there are lots to chose from. supply and demand dictates the prices like everything else.

if the car yard/dealer allows for just cash expect $14-$16k. if you were to trade it in for 2 cars from same yard expect it to be the around that price margin aswell give or take. however if you were to trade it in and pay money on top to buy another car then your trade in will be arounf $17-$19k. that way they can make money of you from the car you wanted to buy as they have already jacked up that price. its a lose lose situation when trading a car in. you'd rather just advertise for the lowest price possible and state *FIRM*. check on carsales for cheapest v35 coupe and if you are desperate advertise a price thats around that lowest region. ateotd it just depends if theres a buyer out there and how LOW your willing to go.

gl with the sale.

I sold my car a few weeks ago. 2003 coupe auto. 33,000km totally stock. Got 28k for it and only advertised it for 2 weeks. It was in mint condition but i think what you put on the ad is very important. Sometimes less is more.. Eg you dont need to tell the buyer that it has ONE new tyre!! Makes it sound like the cars been raped. Photos are important too.. Stick to one set of photo's taken on the same day/location.. Not one from your mates house, one from the burnout pad etc etc.. ezy03 not saying your ad is bad.. but seen some shockers out there. :yes:

f... only 2 weeks lol i wish mine went that fast, my description is too much you reckon? also the pics one set is from my aunts house because thats where i go to wash it its much better place and its huge drive way and garage. iv dropped the price to 26k just for SAU people and still nothing.

I put my car up for sale at the start of the year on carsales. I keep seeing the same cars (v35 coupe, premium, in VIC) for sale alongside mine so they're not selling. I knew when I put it up for sale that it would take some time to sell, it's just a case of waiting for the right buyer I guess so it could be today or in a few months time.

f... only 2 weeks lol i wish mine went that fast, my description is too much you reckon? also the pics one set is from my aunts house because thats where i go to wash it its much better place and its huge drive way and garage. iv dropped the price to 26k just for SAU people and still nothing.

Your more likely to sell it to someone outside SAU. Most people on here already have their pride and joys.. So concentrate on the carsales ad rather then on here. (i didnt even have an ad on SAU at all).. Try to make the ad appeal to a wider audience and dont mention petty things that are wrong with the car.. the buyer will figure that out for himself in due course. These cars can appeal to older buyers too. Old people dont want to hear about mods so try to keep it simple on the ad. If a younger guy is interested in the car, then maybe mention the extra mods. That way they can be used as a sweetener. You wont get more for the car because of the mods anyway. Your pics are ok but maybe try make it like a photoshoot with nice background and get the whole car in the pic (not just the front half or the back half).. Use a good quality camera. Clean the engine bay. Make the cabin smell nice... Good luck! :thumbsup:

one more thing, if you have the standard wheels, i would seriously consider putting them back on and selling the black ones separately.