SAU Community

Anyone Wrecking An R33?

reaper1721

Hello boys and girls,

Is anyone on here wrecking an R33?

Im chasing that annoying little vent control motor that goes tick tick tick every time you switch the ignition on.

I can throw up a picture if need be.

The motor is located in a tight as f**k spot up under the dash. Im happy to get it out myself if you can confirm its good and doesnt make the noise.

Thanks.

What colour is yours Verms? And is it S1 or 2? Since I have a S1.5..

If black, depending on the price, I may want a bonnet and boot + wing (if all stock and decent nick).

Also require the board that goes in the bottom of the boot.

Hello boys and girls,

Is anyone on here wrecking an R33?

Im chasing that annoying little vent control motor that goes tick tick tick every time you switch the ignition on.

I can throw up a picture if need be.

The motor is located in a tight as f**k spot up under the dash. Im happy to get it out myself if you can confirm its good and doesnt make the noise.

Thanks.

Hey mate,

I bet you that noise is a snapped gear thats a part of the climate control system - behind the glovebox. There is a fix for it here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/301992-diy-fix-cluncking-noise-in-dash-r33s/

If you are going to get a part for it - get something new. They are all 12 + years old now, and if they havn't broken they are going to. Its never worried me enough to spend half a day pulling the dash out though :)